Roe High Flow 3" exhaust - How good is it?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe High Flow 3\" exhaust - How good is it?

I hope I don't get the mod bug as quickly as I got the Viper bug, but I was looking that the Roe high flow exhaust for the gen1 and was wondering how good it is for the great price of $900 with cats. Anyone have one? How does it compare with Borla and Corsa? How loud is it (1 being stock and 10 being straight through pipes WWII)?

Here's a link to the system:
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=9&idproduct=33

R

RTED

Re: Roe High Flow 3\" exhaust - How good is it?

I have had the Roe HF cats / Borla 3" exhaust for three years. Louder than I expected, especially after installing headers. I highly recomend this system. If you want it loud, you will like it!

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Roe High Flow 3

I have it on my 96' and a friend on their 95' and it sounds like Nascar a WOT :) It was a lot louder then I expected, and pops like Machine Gun Kelley, but sounds bitchen.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I generally like mine. The sound is good. However, with my hard top and windows installed it can be a little annoying (I only use them when its pretty cold). I'd say overall I'm happy with the system.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RT 10 with hard top on will echo inside the cabin like nuts. I have currently Walker 3" chambered exhaust. Yes, its the same manufacturer and type of muffler -67 Corvettes used on their sidepipes. Compared to Dynomax, its a bit quieter (not much), but best of it it has altered the sound and cut off the annoying resonance.

Here's the DynoMax on the pipe and Walker chambered next to it.

3114viperclose_001.jpg

I dont have Roe, I just took my car to (a good) muffler shop. He made the exhaust without cats, but with dynomax bullit mufflers for $500. That included chrome tips.

Roe is easier if you dont have access to a good shop.
GEN1 will like the 3" system.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Corsa Exhaust are 3 inch and straight thru design ,dut engineered to eliminate resonance /drone at 55-70 mph.
With stock Cats it is probably in the 3-4 range with a exotic car type sound ,Ferrari/Lambo. 18-20 Hp increase due to 110% flow increase.

Add High Flow Cats and the sound level jumps to 6-7 , nice bark at idle abd great WOT sound plus another 10=20 hp depending on type of cats.

ROE has more of Big Block v-8 in the 5-6 range , but still has that irritating body resonance/drone at cruise 55-70.

My vote is Corsa with high flow Cats ; Louder , unique exotic v-10/12 sound and liveable at cruice, :usa: :smirk:

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RT 10 with hard top on will echo inside the cabin like nuts. I have currently Walker 3" chambered exhaust. Yes, its the same manufacturer and type of muffler -67 Corvettes used on their sidepipes. Compared to Dynomax, its a bit quieter (not much), but best of it it has altered the sound and cut off the annoying resonance.

I dont have Roe, I just took my car to (a good) muffler shop. He made the exhaust without cats, but with dynomax bullit mufflers for $500. That included chrome tips.

Roe is easier if you dont have access to a good shop.
GEN1 will like the 3" system.

I also have chambered mufflers and no cats, from Classic Chambered Exhaust: http://www.classicchambered.com/. At cruising speed it has a nice low rumble, but get on it and watch out! Many people have said it's one of the best sounding Vipers they have heard (sorry, no sound clip yet). The chambered muffler really deepens the sound of the V-10 surprisingly.

I'm not really sold on the Roe product personally. You can get the same sound for a fraction of the cost by just cutting out the cats and keeping the stock mufflers. But if you're looking for easy installation, and need cats, Roe is the way to go.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would go without the cats but I have to pass emissions here in georgia, and that means I have to roll on the dyno

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ClassicChambered.com's picture of their muffler shows it's got a perforated core with a lot of resultant junk hanging into the outgoing exhaust stream. Reducing the effective ID of the muffler.

Okay for getting noise one might want :) , but not the best muffler for performance.

The Borla's were so loud 12yrs ago that some members were taking them off. A muffler with a shell not much bigger than the core is bound to be louder than you want sooner or later.

I think the DynoMax's I had in my '94 RT/10 were like 6.75" in OD diameter.

Take your pick ! :cool: