Roe Install Begins TONIGHT!!

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Roe Supercharger installation begins tonight :headbang: . After much deliberation, my better half (according to my wife), gave the go ahead for the Roe. Actually, she said I could get it if I would promise not to mention it again. I guess persistance (or in this case calculated annoyance) pays off :2tu: I will provide updates as they become available.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, 5lb pulley...for now. I figure this should last me for atleast a year, then maybe forged pistons and some more boost!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats *****, I see that perserverance still pays off. You are going to love the 5LB Blower. Trust me, you will never want to drive a stock viper again. Sean Roe is top dog!!!!! Don't hesitate to call him!

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unreelviper, you are correct. I have spoke with Sean several times on the phone and via e-mail and he has been great to work with.

wiehl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. Newbie here.
About how much does this Roe kit cost and what are typical installation times?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wiehl, the roe blower cost about $7200 for the black case and about $7500 for the polished case s/c. Sean says that it takes about 8 hours for a mechanically inclined person to install the s/c ,however, it took a good friend of mine( ASE Mechanic) about 16 hours to do. He really took his time doing the install and that's when I realized that Sean is one of the best! He called Sean whenever he had a problem and Sean always took the time to walk him through it. His customer service goes without saying!!! Good Luck!

wiehl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad. Does the kit come with/require any upgraded fuel delivery (injector/fuel pump/regulator) equipment or ignition equipment? Is the car still good to run on pump gas with the 5-lb system? 8-lb?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wiehl,
It is design to run on pump fuel and the upgraded injectors come with the kit(5 or 8 lbs). I see you're in Pelham, I am down in Enterprise. AL. Do you ever go to MMP?

wiehl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 R/T 10,
Actually, I just recently moved to Alabama (from PA) so I haven't really done all that much since moving here aside from unpacking and showing up for work. Rather than post a conversation on this thread, drop me a note on my "Newbie looking for info..." thread or just drop me an e-mail at [email protected].
I am not a Viper owner yet, but have decided I am in need of a toy in the not too distant future and am trying to determine which toy to persue. Thanks for your help and info.

Mike

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve-Indy, All is well. The forecast scared me off Sunday. I am sure we will meet soon. Are you going to Dallas?

Install is on schedule for completion tonight. I will get some pics up tonight or first thing in the morning.

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW :eek: Install is complete and all is well with the world. This thing is unbelievable. I have some pics and will try to figure out how to get them posted later. I have them in my gallery but I can't figure out how to get them to 'jump' over to this page. Best $ I have spent to date! :headbang:

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job *****, what other bolt-on's do you have. You will love that system tons-o-fun. The only thing's you may want to consider are:

1.) The orientation of the vec2, the are not waterproof. I have mine pointed toward the driver and I have seen others that point them towards the engine. I did have an incident where a pipe broke in my garage and the car wouldn't start. I noticed the vec2 blinking, so I took it apart dried it off and it worked fine after that.

2.) Cosmetic but polishes up nicely, the aluminum cross brace in front of the engine. Mine looked nasty so I steelwooled it and then polished it.

Nice job,

~Matt~

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7784DSC00719-med.JPG

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*****, the supercharger looks awesome!! Welcome to the "ROE" family. I have a few things that I've done to my s/c that may be of some interest to you:1) If you decide to chrome your parts on your s/c, the cleaning of your charger will be a lot easier to maintain. I have pictures of my chrome parts that I just got back from "venomblue550" and they look great(you can see them by going to the thread: Roe supercharger chromed package available....."venomblue550" dated 9/1/04). 2) I painted my valve covers a bright red, same as sickers, because the factory red is a lot more faded then the aftermarket red (you can also powdercoat the valve covers red, it looks great!)These are just some of the things that I have done.Your setup is still "awesome". Great Job!

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Adams & Hardviper,

Thanks for helping with photos. One more favor to ask...could you tell me how you post pics? Please drop me a PM.

Drove the car to lunch today and had a hard time getting it turned around to head back to work :( Only consolation, is great weather in the forecast for the weekend and I am off :cool:

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to FranciscoR for ending my frustration and giving me the power...or atleast the knowledge to post these pics:

7784DSC00720-thumb.JPG

7784DSC00725-thumb.JPG

7784DSC00722-thumb.JPG

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks real nice.... You missed one important instruction that my first Tuner also missed. Don't laeve the dipstick cap on top of the charger. Use the shallow cap with the allen head in it. Notice the dust on your cap??? Now look up and see the hole in your hood pad... ;-( I even told my tuner to watch out for it, and he did not. Welcome to the hole in the hood pad gang. ;-) Use the plastic cap one, just for measuring your oil level in the charger. Have fun with the cards. Try all different cards to get your car tuned just right. Sean will help you. Good Luck
Dennis Kimball

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"You missed one important instruction that my first Tuner also missed. Don't leave the dipstick cap on top of the charger"

Good catch Dennis!
*****, put the allen screw plug that was there back in.
Looks great.
Let us know if you need any tweaks.
I'll have everything at VOI to update, change programs, do diagnostics, etc to help out anyone who needs it.
Regards,
Sean

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS, *****...SWEEEEEET. Hope to see it sometime soon...but we can't make it to Texas this time. Please say "Hi" to Sean and Becky for us

Have FUN, All !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang