Roe Red Radiator Hoses

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my red GTS, the color match between the hoses and the body paint is great. Your SRT looks like the same red. You won't be disappointed with the red. As opposed to the black, they will of course show a little more dirt being red. A quick wipe with your favorite quick detailer or under hood dressing every now and then and they will sparkle again. Silicone is resistant to most stuff, but just don't use any harsh solvents like acetone or lacquer thinner.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had one on the upper. Under pressure it "weeped" thru the plys and bubbled up next to the clamp.

Was it anything to worry about? Who knows. I pulled it off just because the constant smell of coolant made me nervous.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmmm, that does not sound good.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm, that does not sound good.

I came up with the same info whilst putting the hoses on my Gen 2. Of course living across the Metroplex from you I have no room for error when it comes to cooling. Here in Texas. My hoses have not seen that problem. And if they did, there would be a phone call to Roe.

Sean is a great guy whose reputation is he stands behind his products. And seeing as I never saw any rebuttal by him, it must be an isolated problem or manufacturing defect if either are the case.

I did note that the clamps required re-torquing, as they do take a set after some heat cycles.

D

DAMN YANKEE

DAVE6666 +1

I have run the Roe hoses, all of them and with the bleeder valve, on a supercharged rig for years now. I never had end of hose weeping. I never had weeping through the ply and wouldn't know how that would be possible on the set I own and the sets I have seen. I would also recommend retorqueing the clamps and making sure that they are not "set" on the raised end on casting bezel, but solidly on "the flats."

Having said all that I did have a Roe hose fail. I had slight, as in tiny, bleeding of radiator fluid at the base of the bleeder valve after a year. Called Sean, sent it back and the hose, now fully repaired continues to serve me well.

Last edited by a moderator:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with my roe hoses either, 2 years and counting
alexis_320.jpg

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I did not have such good luck with the Roe radiator hoses. I tried two sets on my GTS and both of them leaked out the bleeder valve. That was a real mess. I still have the second set and tried to return it some time ago without much luck. I emailed Roe Racing several times and did not get a response - I don't think Sean was in the loop on this. I would like to get them out of my garage.

I also found that they required re-tightening after a few hundred miles or a bit of coolant would "weep" at the connections.

Factory hoses work pretty well.

Dan