Roe S/C, HiFlo Cats, Corsa are...

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOO LOUD!If you want attention this setup will do it.The tone is a DEEP ground pounding muscle car tone but also LOUD. Has anyone installed a conventional muffler in the Corsa system to help quite it down? Any suggestions? Rick

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Roe S/C ,HiFlo Cats,Corsa is...

The above is not as loud as borlas...just wait until you put headers..lol. I got the exact set-up above with b&b headers and rockers...it is sweet.

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roe S/C ,HiFlo Cats,Corsa are...

headers are out of the question. The performance with my present setup is overkill for the roads in this area,too many cops and no interstate closeby.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roe S/C ,HiFlo Cats,Corsa are...

hum... I have belangers, a SC, no cats, and a borla setup (the old one) and it is loud, but not _too_ loud. when i had hi-flows, it was _much_ quieter...

JD

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK GOODNESS there is another Viper owner that actually has the good sense to think that a Viper can be too loud. Now that I have my car sorted out, the loud exhaust is the one thing that bugs me about the car. I'm not going to change the exhaust, but my next step is to make a hard cover for the spare tire well area and put some foam on the bottom to soak up some of the noise (the ONE reason you RT guys are lucky).

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rick, too loud!!! I think that must be something to do with age LOL
Colin from Scotland
Ok Colin lets not get personal here. LOL I should have posted TOO LOUD for me. I was in London in August, and have never seen so many, what I call magazine cars, on the street. Lambos, SL55 AMGs, TVRs, Ferrari, Careras etc. all with mellow sounding exhaust. BTW unlike our Vipers they were dirty so they must be used as daily drivers. So Much HP, so Little Noise!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys feel the Roe supercharger made your car louder, or is it really just your exhaust combination. My car is pretty loud now, wondering what the Roe will add to it.

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys feel the Roe supercharger made your car louder, or is it really just your exhaust combination. My car is pretty loud now, wondering what the Roe will add to it.
I doubt the S/C will cause it to be much louder. Roe recommends hiflo because of overheating stock cats.I briefly tested the S/C before installing the Roe cats and was so excited about the wheel spinning power and slight whine, I did not notice the exhaust sound.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great to compare the sound. I live close enough. My Viper is really loud with Borla but no S/C. The level of sound does not bother me unless I have to drive for over 3 hours. After that I am really tired. Planning to get Roe S/C.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Simms,
Mine got louder with the Roe and I have free flow Random Techs with Corsa track side exhaust. Before and after with the Roe, there is a difference.

FLX109

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Simms,
Mine got louder with the Roe and I have free flow Random Techs with Corsa track side exhaust. Before and after with the Roe, there is a difference.

FLX109

Is it deeper, or just louder? The Kenne Bell on my truck made it sounds deeper under a load (or on the gas), but the same at idle.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the blower whine very noticable? I hope it is, I love that sound. I have read it sounds louder from the front. I have Tators Installing the Roe S/C in a few weeks. I can not wait....

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I found that when I removed the cats and put Bellanger headers the car was smoother and quieter at cruise and idle, under boost the sound will blow the skirt off a prom date. I have seen people in other cars let go of the wheel and grab their ears when full boost comes on. A simple solution for interior noise is a cargo area cover. I notice a big difference in sound when I have the cover in place, plus it gives me a good place to hide things, like the nitrous bottle.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have a loud car..... but I don't have any problems because people have to catch me to tell me that it is loud. So no one has even told me this. :D :2tu: :D

I have no worries in the interior because it is not that loud inside.

Cudaman :usa:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is definately deeper, which is also a little bit louder.
not much of a help am I? But when I start my car up in the garage I knock all my wifes china dishes out of the hutch, hows that? better?

The SC whines when cold but once it is warmed up you can hardly hear it

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I too have a loud car..... but I don't have any problems because people have to catch me to tell me that it is loud. So no one has even told me this. :D :2tu: :D

What about those two Highway patrolman that caught up to you at the gas station, did they say the car was too loud at 140 mph??? Huh, see people can catch up to you if you stop for gas!!!!!

OP
OP
M

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great to compare the sound. I live close enough. My Viper is really loud with Borla but no S/C. The level of sound does not bother me unless I have to drive for over 3 hours. After that I am really tired. Planning to get Roe S/C.
I plan on being in Mt Airy MD on Saturday at the VCA meet, see you there?
I recall reading that low frequencies have no direction so sub woofers can be placed anywhere in a room. Could it be the frequency of the exhaust note and not the loudness?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What about those two Highway patrolman that caught up to you at the gas station, did they say the car was too loud at 140 mph??? Huh, see people can catch up to you if you stop for gas!!!!!

See Mr. Fuelman you are WRONG, they only caught me because I STOPPED.

Please send all apologizes in care:

Cudaman sorry I doubted you @ [email protected]

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
[Huh, see people can catch up to you if you stop for gas!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, grasshopper read the whole post, I did infer that they only caught you because you stopped, but I understand they blocked you in, just like on "Cops" on TV. I'm sure one of us would have bailed you out, maybe.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh, grasshopper read the whole post, I did infer that they only caught you because you stopped, but I understand they blocked you in, just like on "Cops" on TV. I'm sure one of us would have bailed you out, maybe.

And the cops sure here MAD.... but the older Florida Highway Patrol was mumbling something about he was going to let me know how Rodney King felt. I did assured them that they had the wrong Viper ... thus No ticket. It must have been one of the other Vipers that was heading to the Sebring track. Maybe it was that other Sapphire GTS Viper....he heee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc