ROE Supercharger install questions.

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing the supercharger as per my writeup here.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/659047-DIY-ROE-Supercharger-Install-1999-GTS-ACR

I have a question about step 60.

You must be registered for see images attach

Does anyone have info on what parts I may need? Anyone have pics? Or do I just make that end work as long as it fits on the ****** at the bottom of the intake tube?

I also have a PCV question. What are other people running and where?

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What good is a forum if that's the answers to choose from? :rolleyes: :)

Yes. I've read the instructions and they do have the contact info.

I was hoping for more from someone who could say "Yes. I know I did this to mine." Or. "Here. I've uploaded a picture of my set up."

But thanks anyway I'll use that as a last resort. I've got plenty of other steps to do in the meantime.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What good is a forum if that's the answers to choose from? :rolleyes: :)

Yes. I've read the instructions and they do have the contact info.

I was hoping for more from someone who could say "Yes. I know I did this to mine." Or. "Here. I've uploaded a picture of my set up."

But thanks anyway I'll use that as a last resort. I've got plenty of other steps to do in the meantime.
ok i see... in this case i do have a friend who is the alley member has a 2000 gts with Greg Good heads, cam and roe chrger, he knows every bolt on these cars. if you are interested i can put you in touch with him. just pm me

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I could post over there as well. I forgot I was a member there.

Looks like I will have to call ROE anyway. The air intake system that came with it was designed for 70mm throttle bodies. I'll either sell it and go stock or buy some 70mm TB's.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean the tube/hose connection from the airbox to the throttle bodies? THe ROE intake tubes use whatever throttle bodies you have....stock or larger. Many folks put larger (3") connections from the airbox to the throttle bodies. This is no big deal. You can get silicon connectors of all sorts of sizes to connect the throttle body to whatever size piping you are using to the airbox.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If it is smooth tubes you need, I have a couple of sets. On for the stock TBs and a second for the 70mm TBs. PM me

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the smooth tubes figured out. They came with a different intake set up that I will be using.

What I need to know is what happens to the plug and line in this pictures.

It is my understanding the one with the smaller rubber 90 degree boot gets adapted to fit the ****** on the bottom of the drivers side longer ROE long tube. There is also the long plastic tube that doesn't go anywhere?

****** can be seen here at the bottom of the black intake tube.

There is also a crossover tube that goes from the right and left valve covers and is left with a unused opening as seen in this picture. What is done with this?

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After rereading the instructions perhaps I am missing the adapter fitting?

Do I cut the hard plastic line and attach it along with the 90 degree rubber fitting.

Looks like I may have to call ROE for clarification.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like your car. I too have a Roe supercharger...but I would never post pics without first polishing it.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is yours?

Is it possible to take pics or look at the area I have in question to see what they did?

I'm kind of stumped as to what it should look like there.

Do you have the stock airbox?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of things.
1. The tube that goes nowhere and the one with the rubber elbow can be clipped, run together with an adapter, and plumbed to the small vacuum port under the ROE tube just behind that driver's side throttle body. That way, you get vacuum for the charcoal filter/evaporation system for the fuel tank...which is what these two lines are for.
2. The larger tube that connects the two valve cover ports...you have a couple of options. Some replumb to a 'catch can' and vent to the atmosphere. Others just run a line back to the intake filter port where it originally would have been connected. What I did was vent to a catch can and then run a line from the catch can back to the driver's side port on the airbox (where the original line would have originated). That way, you maintain positive crankcase ventilation while not ingesting valve cover oil & vapor back into the intake system. Ah the joys of aftermarket options and ideas.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been over a year and I still haven't found where/how to put these hoses.

Does anyone have pics of their set-up?

I'll look harder for the small vacuum port under the ROE tube.

As for venting I don't have the stock airbox. I have elbows that lead to dual K&N filters. That's it. No air box to plumb into.

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DanBJust read this post.I recently installed my Roe. Are you still having problems? If so I would be happy to try and help!