Roll Cage Pictures or Feedback??

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Due to my times at the 1/4 mile track, I can't race again until I have a cage. I've been checking out Autoform. Does anyone have any pictures or feedback from putting a cage in, rather it be a Autoform or any other brand? Any help would be great!
I have a 02 GTS that it will be going in.

Colin

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the BTR one, its pretty good for the most part. I cannot open my manual door releases, im thinking of just cutting them down and covering whats left w/ a polished piece however. I dont drive w/ the side bar in, however its pretty easy to put in, just a bolt and pin.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how hard is it to get in and out with the door bar & pin? i was thinking of having the door bar really low, but a pin might work..

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how hard is it to get in and out with the door bar & pin? i was thinking of having the door bar really low, but a pin might work..

well if your thinking of pulling the pin, then moving the bar up every time you get in, i would not sugguest this option. You can either try to get in the normal way, or start w/ ur left foot going in, facing backwards and kindof roll over the side bar. Its not too bad if you only drive your car a few times a week, but as a daily driver it gets old. I am 5'9" 190lbs by the way.

OP
OP
L

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it something thats pretty simple to install? What cutting or drilling of the car is involved?

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
left foot going in, facing backwards and kindof roll over the side bar. Its not too bad if you only drive your car a few times a week, but as a daily driver it gets old. I am 5'9" 190lbs by the way.

i need to check out a pin door bar in person. im 6'3 215 this would be total torture. i drive 1000-4000 miles a month. so i think ill end up with a really low door bar along the floor. main goal is keeping the frame strait & a little extra safety. but i need it daily drivable.

ill save the jungle gym for my next car :D

Reaction score
Is it something thats pretty simple to install? What cutting or drilling of the car is involved?

It is NOT hard. Time consuming...yes, especially if you are a little anal. I pulled the seats, pulled all the bulkhead pieces, COVERED EVERYTHING I could with blankets......them took to the little lip on top of the rear bulkhead with a grinding wheel. :) Dust EVERYWHERE. Most of the time was spent getting that edge smooth so the bar would "tip in" from front to back. Can't speak to the BTR bar....a GOOD bar no doubt....I installed the Autoform.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, when I bought my Autoform Roll bar (not their full cage) it did not come with the tabs mounted on the bar for the side bars. At that time, it was up to the owner to weld on their own tabs and make the side swing out bars. I think they would provide the pieces, but they were recommending the owner install the tabs and side bars themselves due to variances in the fit with the doors and seats from car to car. I'm not sure if this still applies today though. If it does, get the bar in a bare finish so you can do all your extra welding without messing up the finish (whether its paint or powder coat).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang