Roll Over Protection

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just received my 04 snake back from Tom Sessions who did some great modifications. Stage 3 Heads, 1.7 Crower Rockers, Performance Controller, 708 Cam, Corsa Track Exhaust with secondary cats and crossover removed, 3.55 and K&N. This car was very strong just stock but now it’s on steroids. Thanks Tom, it sounds just right, the power is perfect and you do great work!!!!

With all this muscle and knowing my nature, I have concerns about roll over protection. Autoform makes their roll bars but would they give you enough protection in a rollover. I’m 6’1” and my head is above the back of the seat. It would seem that if a roll over occurred, the Autoform setup would give very little head protection if any. If I lowered the seats an inch or two would help but not sure.

Has anyone seen how this car holds up during a roll over and would the Autoform allow enough clearance for true protection?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw you. You might as well go ahead and change your user name.

"BigMelon" perhaps?

There was a thread on this about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I think it arose after that terrible accident in Las Vegas with the father and daughter. Try a search.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my 04 snake back from Tom Sessions who did some great modifications. Stage 3 Heads, 1.7 Crower Rockers, Performance Controller, 708 Cam, Corsa Track Exhaust with secondary cats and crossover removed, 3.55 and K&N. This car was very strong just stock but now it’s on steroids. Thanks Tom, it sounds just right, the power is perfect and you do great work!!!!

With all this muscle and knowing my nature, I have concerns about roll over protection. Autoform makes their roll bars but would they give you enough protection in a rollover. I’m 6’1” and my head is above the back of the seat. It would seem that if a roll over occurred, the Autoform setup would give very little head protection if any. If I lowered the seats an inch or two would help but not sure.

Has anyone seen how this car holds up during a roll over and would the Autoform allow enough clearance for true protection?

Thanks in advance,

is this thread about roll over minutes???? my wireless plan don't get those

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow looks like you already rolled it and then some

7061pos-med.jpg

uhh ohh better get Matco

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call DC Performance they make the only roll bar that welds in to the frame rails.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lower the seat and buy a hardtop. I bought the autoform roll bar too.

NichOlas, any roll bar, including the autoform, can be welded to the frame rail.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lower the seat and buy a hardtop. I bought the autoform roll bar too.

NichOlas, any roll bar, including the autoform, can be welded to the frame rail. Being welded to the frame rail doesn't necessarily make it effective in a roll over. For more infor, check the NHRA roll bar rules and regs.

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad I wasn't aware that the Autoform went all the way down to the frame.