Rollbar in '06 Coupe

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Mark, what is your knowledge of a coupe needing one for a car that will see track days...or is the factory build adeqate? Seems to be mixed feeling on the forum.

Reaction score
Brian,

I will not hesitate to do track days without it. The factory has to crash test and make the car safe for its uses and I think the structure is much better equipped for the track than 99% of the other cars out there. The roll bar would only be for the ******** guys or going door to door.

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Mark, what is your knowledge of a coupe needing one for a car that will see track days...or is the factory build adeqate? Seems to be mixed feeling on the forum.

IMO I wouldn't track without one. The Gen III/IV's has significantly less rollover protection than the Gen I/II's had. If you saw the "rollover protection" that was installed in the SRT-C's, you wouldn't think twice.

Btw, Since I see you are from Cali, DC Performance has one out now that they will install in your car. Don't know how far away you are from them, but I would give them a call. :2tu:

Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't track without one. The Gen III/IV's has significantly less rollover protection than the Gen I/II's had. If you saw the "rollover protection" that was installed in the SRT-C's, you wouldn't think twice.

Btw, Since I see you are from Cali, DC Performance has one out now that they will install in your car. Don't know how far away you are from them, but I would give them a call. :2tu:

Roll bars are always a good thing but what you need to realize is that to actually help you the bar needs to be 1.5" above your helmet. In order for this to happen the headliner and the rear hatch support structure will need to be cut out and then attached to the roll bar. Not something everyone wants to do to their new $100K ACR.