Roof DLM runs 9.93 @ 151 on blower

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks - Dr Roof just ran his first pass this morning down at the V10 nationals. The result:

9.93 @ 151 !!

This was blower only, no nitrous, on ET streets.

Gad.

(maybe he can do a little better after some practice :laugh: )

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Cow :eek: :eek: :eek: :2tu: !!!
Thanks for the update Ben.
Congrats to Dr. Roof and Doug Levin

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben what kind of power do DLM cars REALLY make? Us DLM guys now that he's really conesrvative on the dyno... What kind of HP at the rears does it take to run 151 MPH????

Great Job David!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Dr Roof surely deserved this one - and it could not have happened to a nicer guy!

Congratulations DLM and David - that is an amazing trap speed and a great ET. :2tu:

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"svs has run nine one at one fifty. [******] went nine eight at one fifty in the srt. rsi went nine five at one one forty ninish."

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Roof will hold that 151 and beat out the "top dogs" on Twin Turbo or TT with N20, I'll laugh my ass off. I"m not really an E.T. freak as everyone knows.. that's just your first 60'. Everyone tries to make a powerfull car and that's where the HP is...not the E.T. But that's an entirely different thread. AND HE WAS ON STREETS!!!!! holy cow.

Gerald

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AND HE WAS ON STREETS!!!!! holy cow.

The difference between ET streets and ET drags is essentially zero, performance-wise. They are both a pure wrinkle wall drag slick, although the streets have a couple of tiny very shallow grooves (more like lines) toward the outside that make them technically DOT legal.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An update - he ran a 9.87 @ ???, setting a new world record for supercharged Vipers in the process.

So... as things now stand, Roof has the best ET and best MPH of any SC-only car.

Congrats!!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"svs has run nine one at one fifty. [******] went nine eight at one fifty in the srt. rsi went nine five at one one forty ninish."
We are talking about "supercharged" cars..... Max

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad. Just posting some numbers, sounds like some great work on alot of people's parts.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought streets were like street slicks that you can actually drive around on the street vs. full blown slicks. i know nothing of drag racing as you can tell

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought streets were like street slicks that you can actually drive around on the street vs. full blown slicks. i know nothing of drag racing as you can tell

The way I understand it is that they are slicks with 6 (I think 6) slits in them to say "they are street legal" The sidewalls are just as compliant and they hook just the same.

Back on topic - ROOF, No doubt your car was a 9 second ride, it was just a matter of time. CONGRATS for achieveing the time. I know you are extremely happy. :2tu:

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Dr Roof! I'm glad you finally got that 9 second slip, and with crazy mph to boot! You definitely deserve it.
(sorry I lost you on the cell, my battery went dead...call me Monday)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of HP at the rears does it take to run 151 MPH????

Great Job David!

Gerald - most calculators come up with around 980rwhp to get 151mph trap speed - assuming that the car weighed around 3650lb with fuel and driver in it.

:eek: :eek: :2tu: :2tu:

Pity the belt was slipping on the dyno - because it would have undoubtedly pulled a lot more than the 822rwhp it did.

Glad the belt got tightened enough for that 151mph pass - that was amazing.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to know he put a lot of effort making the event happen and is having fun to boot! The weather today is PERFECT for forced induction cars.

S

SUN RA KAT

:2tu: WOW! Dr.Roof must be one heck of a driver to be able to get that much power to move his Viper forward rather than just spinning his tires.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An update - he ran a 9.87 @ ???, setting a new world record for supercharged Vipers in the process.

So... as things now stand, Roof has the best ET and best MPH of any SC-only car.

Congrats!!
9.87 yeah baby!!!!!! SPEACH please Dr. Roof

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG was Roof driving his own car? I didn't know he was the driver.
Max

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done doc, :headbang:
You must have done it laughing all the way!
Treynor(no NOS)Gotta hear it from Doc,I know you smoke!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard on his 9.87 run it was "only" high 130's (??) and that he LIFTED BEFORE FINISHING THE RUN!!!!! Can you say 9.5 ??? WAY TO GO DAVID!!!!!

Can't wait for pics and stories first hand.

just kidding :laugh:

Gerald

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats David :2tu: ..of course you know that this will be the last time you get to use my ViperTech for your work :cool: ...

Congrats on the incredible work you do on the Nats.

CStegall

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard on his 9.87 run it was "only" high 130's (??) and that he LIFTED BEFORE FINISHING THE RUN!!!!! Can you say 9.5 ??? WAY TO GO DAVID!!!!!

Gerald
I was there and have both runs on video :eek: He is such a class act and deserved that 9 second pass :) I dont think anyone was happier than I was when I saw the mph :eek: I was jumping up and down and singing "the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we dont need no water let this mother#%%# burn, burn..." ;) On the later run he did lift as he did not want to breakout since he could no run lower than 10.0 :mad: He went through the traps at 135mph. That pass would have easily been a 9.6 or better :eek: Congrats David and Doug for building one bad mamma jamma :headbang: :headbang:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald
I was there and have both runs on video :eek: He is such a class act and deserved that 9 second pass :) I dont think anyone was happier than I was when I saw the mph :eek: I was jumping up and down and singing "the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we dont need no water let this mother#%%# burn, burn..." ;) On the later run he did lift as he did not want to breakout since he could no run lower than 10.0 :mad: He went through the traps at 135mph. That pass would have easily been a 9.6 or better :eek: Congrats David and Doug for building one bad mamma jamma :headbang: :headbang:

Is anyone going to make up a CD of the whole weekend? Maybe put it to music?