RT/10 at age 21 too early?

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 1st Viper at 20, now on number 2 at 22. Go for it! Although, I do own a house and another car, so my decision wasn't hard w/o any of those variables.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some thoughts:

1) Wait, the prices will be lower next year.

2) Get more girls with Corvette.

3) Best to get girls is a HD motorcycle PERIOD!

4) In PA, Viper will not go in snow, however, I met a guy who skiied at Seven Springs from Bethesda MD and owned ONLY a 94 RT10. He NEVER put the rear window in it - even in the winter - besides that's where his skiis stuck out. It was his ONLY car. This guy gets the Iron Man Award but proves it CAN be done.

5) If you take that money, at your age and invest it. You're probably talking about big, big money when you're 50.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are great cars but PLEASE research the car before you get into it. I hear to many stories about people having to sell them because it is not what they expected. The car is a thrill to drive but also a challenge if you have not been in high performance cars before. Also you might want to research the costs that will be affiliated with the ownership of this vehicle (Maintenance, Oil Changes, Insurance, etc.). These can get expensive at times (especially with an older version) so be careful. The best thing is just know your stuff first. If you do this you will have A LOT of fun in this car.