RT/10 Rear Spoilers?

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering a rear spoiler for my 2000 red RT/10 - but am not sure if anything will look good. I have seen a number of examples in the past. I do not want anything very large or tall - just something somewhat subtle. Not even sure I would do it - just something I have been considering.

Anyone that has a picture of a rear spoiler on an RT/10 - I would be interested in you posting a pic. Thanks in advance.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You;ve got 2 basic "mild" choices. Autoform or Mopar. The rest are NOT subtle. Mopar mounts through the trunk top and Autoform mounts through the trunk sides. The Autoform model is a bit smaller.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some on my 96 rt/10..It is a mopar

207017_17-med.jpg

207018_18.jpg

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AutoForm...on my ********* car...

You must be registered for see images

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both the autoform and the mopar... I prefer the mopar.

And here is the mopar:

379viper4_small-med.jpg

379viper5_small-med.jpg

379viper3_small-med.jpg

BTW- The autoform is heavy... extremely heavy. The autoform is extremely light.

Good luck!!

JD

OP
OP
J

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - look great

So, how do they attach? Do you drill through the trunk and then bolt them down? I assume however they attach it is "unreversible" - you would be left with holes drilled somewhere if you wanted to take it off. Is this right?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Thanks - look great

Jackson your correct, the mopar does require drilling the trunk lid..

And Yes Gerald mine are Baer Eradispeeds as well however I may be selling them to switch to Stoptech 4 wheel big brake kit now that I have all that DLM power to deal with and no abs...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oops. Meant that the mopar is lightweight. You do need to drill into the decklid, but the template included w/ the mopar is excellent. measure twice and cut once... it is a piece of cake.

JD

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They both look good, just slightly different tastes. I was worried about holes in my car, but after DLM I do not think it will make much difference. Who has the best price on Mopar, Pemberton or Tator?

Andy

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife is looking for something to get me for christmas, maybe this is it!
Andy

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Mopar rear spoilers

Jackson,
I just picked my car up from the paint shop today. They installed and painted the Mopar wing, and they repainted my front facia and hood. The hood was for bubbling, and was covered under warranty. I had them put a real nice duplicate hole in the left speaker grill to match the right one. Anyway, unless JonB is pulling my leg, he said that when I bought the Mopar wing from him over a month ago, that is probably one of the last couple in the country??? So hope you can find one . Everybody is correct, the Mopar wing is extremely light for its size. I took it up to a precision scale, and it weighed in around 5.5 -6.0 pounds. Not bad for a big wing like that. It feels a lot lighter than 5 pounds when you pick it up. Probably because of the big size.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Dennis, heard from a few guys that love those valve covers..should be getting some more orders on them..

Have a great weekend..

Adam

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

damn your car is nice snakebitten :-D, hows cali treaten yea? :-D

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Autoform is pretty nice. I have it on my car. It makes the look of the car flow very well. I did have a problem with the paint which they offered to correct... if I paid the $70 shipping back to them :(