RT/10 Third Brake Light out...

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Checked the fuses and bulbs and everything seems o.k. What else should I be checking. The rest of the lights work fine. Thanks.

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has a series of small bulbs inside, I had a couple of the bulbs go out and had to replace the complete light. $250. Not covered under warranty

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has a series of small bulbs inside, I had a couple of the bulbs go out and had to replace the complete light. $250. Not covered under warranty

Did you just have a few bulbs out and to get them to work had to replace the whole assembly? I think there are 4-5 bulbs in there and all of mine aren't working. Does one bulb out cause them all to not work? It's odd all of them don't work and that's why I'm guessing the problem is caused elsewhere.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like my dang Christmas lights. Sorry, I'm no help Dennis!

Tracy...I know what you mean :D but I don't know if they work like those dang Christmas lights where ones out then they are all out :(

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had one out once and the other 3 still worked
Its a halogen bulb very $$$

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one light that's out in the series. Dave Jenkins told me the lights are very expensive but that there is a GM part number for the same light and it's like 8 bucks or something like that. Dave??? If your out there, chime in! Bill

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can confirm what fearsuch said. Upon delivery mine had a single bulb out, and the others still worked. However, they replaced the whole light assembly (under warranty of course). Since it was my first visit to the dealer I wasn't yet "hooked up" with my Viper Tech so I didn't see if they had to do it this way or whether a single bulb could have been replaced.

If all of your lights died at once, I wouldn't look at replacing the light itself yet...

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too can confirm that if one lamp burns out, the rest of them do work...

Dennis...Sounds like you need the whole stop lamp, part number 4642571 and lists for $217, may as well do the seal too, since you're there...part number 4643600 and lists for $3.85...the bulbs are $5 at any parts store or lists for $6.85 from Dodge, part number 4773756...

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the feedback! I just can't imagine all my bulbs going out at the same time though. Any connections I need to look at besides the one in the assembly itself? I did that and made sure it was still connected in there. I'll see what my Viper friendly dealer can do for me :)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if the light module is getting power? That should tell you if it is the module or something else upstream.

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a bulb out in mine - but only one of them. All the others worked. By the way - the Dodge guys here in my area fixed it under warranty. Didn't cost me a dime...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4