RT/10 window tint ?

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dark do most go on their removable window?
With the cabin being somewhat small, I don't really want to go for the "pimpin'" look...well, sometimes I might :D Some privacy shade and sun block would be great.
Larger concern is how dark I can go and still drive in reverse at night ;)

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mine is almost totally black. you cannot even see into the vehicle in the day. However, at night the reverse light is more than ample to see with and it also helps dim the vehicles behind me (though a quick stab at the gas pedal will do the same thing). IMO go as dark as you can.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go 20%.

seems to be the most common.

limo tint is 5% but is difficult to see at night.

some places offer 15% but its rare to find it. most have 5,20,& 35.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the rear window was only for when you wash the car. Way too much buffeting when it is installed.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know what I have. The dealer tinted the windows for me. I can see through it during the day without a problem but at night you usually can not see the person but you can see the outline and all the lights inside. Anyone have any idea what percent I have?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend/mechanic tried out some dark window tint on my rear window, and the problem was that with the top off the tinted window acted as a mirror and reflected the car's interior. And I could not see anything through the reflection in the back window unless the top was on.
It was so distracting that I took the tinting off after 2 days. :(

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about Texas, but many states have restrictions on just how far you can go with tinting. Just another reason to pull you over.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check with the place doing the tinting but I believe that since the Viper is a 2 door the darkest you can go on any of the window is %20 in Texas.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in Texas you can go as dark as you want on the rear and rear door/quarter windows - 35% on front doors is max

any darker and they'll pull you over, handcuff you while they search your car, accuse you of drug smuggling, frame you in court, call in fellow troopers to cover their lies, and force you to pay outrageous fines despite your proof and witnesses (and one of the most expensive attorneys in the state)

trust me... I know

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In NY state, technically all window tint is illegal. The police actually have a meter that tells them the per cent tint on any given window. They usually will not bust chops with 35% or higher tint. With that said, I have 20% on the windows and rear removable window on my RT/10. It looks awesome.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That must have been bad to take it off two days after.
Yep. With the top off it was like a mirror reflecting the dash and center console. :eek:
But it was a very dark tint. With a lighter tint it probably would not have been such a disaster.

OP
OP
W

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with 20 all the way around.
Looks very nice with the black logo's.
The window tint place did say that 35% was the max legal film for the sides....then again, the laws in Texas also say I have to have a front license plate ;) ... "officer, add it to my list of infractions" :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats up Keith

last time i saw your car it looked like 20%

Not much bro. How about yourself? When will I be seeing you next? We have to get together sometime soon. I hear you might be coming with Dimitrios on Friday. See you then.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in Texas you can go as dark as you want on the rear and rear door/quarter windows - 35% on front doors is max

any darker and they'll pull you over, handcuff you while they search your car, accuse you of drug smuggling, frame you in court, call in fellow troopers to cover their lies, and force you to pay outrageous fines despite your proof and witnesses (and one of the most expensive attorneys in the state)

trust me... I know

DAMN! That is a bad story. Sorry to hear about that.