Rubber around door windows, part # or name?

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'97 GTS. On the door window, towards the rear of the car, there is a rubber felt piece that runs along the end of the window. It comes from the inside the door, up along the outside of the window, over the top of the window and back down the inside of the window and terminates with two little plastic push in plugs.

Both the drivers side and passanger side rubber pieces are broken in two places. Looks bad and actually flaps in the wind when the window is down. :O

Went to the Dodge dealership yesterday because I wanted to get new ones. The Parts guy couldn't find the part listed anywhere and when I got home I started looking through the service manual and couldn't find anything either. Anyone know what this part is called or what the part number is?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cdall tator its all part of the drivers stanchion cover.

cost is like $350 if i remember correctly.

there is a fix somewhere on this site for it. do a search

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine's broken too. They all look the same with that effing ugly fit. I wonder why they call it trim. :-(

Reaction score
PUUULLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEE! :)

This has been covered IN DEPTH...and over three years ago!! :)

Long story short (I'll find the links...just search for "stanchion cover" and you'll find all the threads):

Known issue.
Rubber is PART OF the outer stanchion cover. (didn't I send one to you Plum...might have been someone else???)
Can fix with new cover, but need to be creative.

THE fix was, originally, to replace BOTH the inner and outer stanchion covers....which required a window change as well (if I am not mistaken).

Both mine are doing that a little...I repair them as I go. Doesn't bother me enough, just yet, to pull the spare stanchion covers out and do all the work. I glue everything back down and away I go.

Let me go find some links for you...be right back! :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, it was me...finally going on tomorrow actually

i was gonna tell him to call ya but i didnt know if ya still had one available.

OP
OP
M

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Bummer that the whole thing is one piece. Even if I glue it, it's still broken and an eye sore. And given that everyone has seen this, I don't have any high hopes that if I buy a new piece that it'll last any length of time. :(

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Bummer that the whole thing is one piece. Even if I glue it, it's still broken and an eye sore. And given that everyone has seen this, I don't have any high hopes that if I buy a new piece that it'll last any length of time. :(

Exactly! You CAN glue it and make it look a whole bunch better....almost perfect. Take your time and just relax. Everyone knows what you mean about the eyesore....but there is hope. :) I never installed either of the new covers (and I sold a spare to Plum) because I got it looking OK...and I figured why put the new ones on just to end up re-gluing them? :)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reglue as well, but without taking anything off - probably doesn't look the best, and one day I'll do more.

Reaction score
I removed the little rubber corner.

TVC....this thread is about the rubber molding on the doors.....it has NOTHING to do with the rubber tire barriers at the track! ROFLMAO!!

Sorry....had to do it! Packet put me up to it! LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4