Run Flat Availability?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have an '04 with out-dated tires that I will be replacing soon. In doing research it appears the Michelin Run Flats that came with the car are currently on back-order. Any idea when/if they will be available within the next 6 months?

If you have input into this ?, please reply. Otherwise, I do not want to get into a discussion re: Run Craps vs PS vs Nitto vs Chevy vs Ford vs Obama, blah-blah-blah. I respect your opinion but just want to know if the Run Flats will be available anytime soon so I can make an informed decision...cheers!

See y'all in Charlotte!

Reaction score
Looks like the rears are on back order from just about everybody right now. As Dodge switched to non-runflats (Michelin PS2) you should consider the same. No pitch for Nitto or anything else, just that every Viper built in the past five years came with an inflation kit in the trunk and non-runflat tires. Easy to duplicate and with the new Super Sport tires now available for extremely good prices, we would recommend you take a serious look. You will find a night-and-day difference between the runflats and newer tires, especially with the ride and handling. Throw the OEM inflation kit in the trunk and enjoy the drive to Charlotte!

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the rears are on back order from just about everybody right now. As Dodge switched to non-runflats (Michelin PS2) you should consider the same. No pitch for Nitto or anything else, just that every Viper built in the past five years came with an inflation kit in the trunk and non-runflat tires. Easy to duplicate and with the new Super Sport tires now available for extremely good prices, we would recommend you take a serious look. You will find a night-and-day difference between the runflats and newer tires, especially with the ride and handling. Throw the OEM inflation kit in the trunk and enjoy the drive to Charlotte!

^^^^ This .... good advice! My '03 now has the inflation kit and real tires, couldn't be happier (Thanks, JonB and VPA) :)

limitless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a like new set of run flATS put 20s on car dont need 500 plus shipping if you want less then 600 miles

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious why you would want to stay with the run-flats?

Thanks for asking a good question and trying to understand where I am coming from!

Hhmmm, let's see, why do I possibly want them: That's what the car came with, there is no spare, I do not want to deal with a compressor, had 'em on my Vette for 10 years, I don't drive the car like it's stolen (usually!), and I want to know if they will be available.

Looking forward to the reply from limitless.

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i know you don't want to hear it but a big +1. its well worth the headache of having to deal with a compressor in the off chance you get a flat, which is very rare.

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its well worth the headache of having to deal with a compressor in the off chance you get a flat, which is very rare.

Thanks! Just thinking of different options at this point.

I know, I know re: the odds of getting a flat. However, I am pretty confident that as soon as I get a non-run crap with or w/o a compressor is the day I will get a flat...in the rain...in the middle of nowhere...when my cell phone is dead!! :omg:

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! Just thinking of different options at this point.

I know, I know re: the odds of getting a flat. However, I am pretty confident that as soon as I get a non-run crap with or w/o a compressor is the day I will get a flat...in the rain...in the middle of nowhere...when my cell phone is dead!! :omg:

can you find someone with PSS on their viper and get a ride in it? i honestly doubted everyone when they told me they rode significantly better but i hadn't gone 1/10 of a mile before i noticed a night and day difference, its that different. i recommend you try and find someone who has them and ask for a ride and you can see for yourself.

my previous car was an 08 Jeep GC SRT-8 with run flats and my viper now has a smoother ride than the jeep ever did!

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you find someone with PSS on their viper and get a ride in it?

my previous car was an 08 Jeep GC SRT-8 with run flats and my viper now has a smoother ride than the jeep ever did!

Good idea and great to know. Thanks for the info!

Now, back to discussing the new 2010 ACRs...

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What he said. When I switched from run flats to PS2s on my 03 almost two years ago when I bought the car (rears didn't pass PA inspection anyway) it was like a whole new car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang