S/C and VEC...Buy the add-on software? Best configurations?

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

NoRice, it only starts with the software ($100). You have at least one wideband O2 sensors, a mini B cable (10 foot), gauge (optional, but recommended, a laptop, welding in the bunge, etc.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So if I was to purchase the software and the cable to connect to my laptop, would I be able to tune the car? Is that all I would need? Or would I need the wideband sensor?

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I was to purchase the software and the cable to connect to my laptop, would I be able to tune the car? Is that all I would need? Or would I need the wideband sensor?

You need the WB to tune the AFR

Steve

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Steve

Thats what I figured.

So with the software, the cable and the wideband installed, I could perform all the tuning that is needed via street driving and not have to get it tuned on the dyno?

Now do I need to install a wideband gauge, as I figure that would only be needed if I wanted to see what my a/f while driving. While tuning/logging the a/f will show in the Vec software, correct?

I have an email in to the builder of my car, but I am almost certain my car (Gen3) does not have any cats, just the Corsa track catback. Could I then install the wideband wherever its easiest since I don't have to worry about the cats?

Yankee thanks for getting this thread started and gathering all this info for us. I have wanted to learn about the tuning for awhile but didn't know how to go about it. I have read alot of info on other car sites, but didn't know how much transferred over to the Viper.

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

Standby as there has to be a whole lot more to go..

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve

Thats what I figured.

So with the software, the cable and the wideband installed, I could perform all the tuning that is needed via street driving and not have to get it tuned on the dyno?

Now do I need to install a wideband gauge, as I figure that would only be needed if I wanted to see what my a/f while driving. While tuning/logging the a/f will show in the Vec software, correct?

In many ways, tuning on the street is more applicable to real world driving than a tune on a dyno. I am sure a tuner could extract a few more hp, but I am not looking to extract every single last HP out of my engine risking possible engine failure. That being said, you also have the ability to ruin your engine if you tune improperly. However, if you follow Sean's directions closely, I doubt you will have any problems.

As for the wideband gauge, it is handy to have just to make sure everything is kosher with your A/F. I will check it from time to time at wide open throttle just to see if I am at the A/F ratio that I want to be at. You definitely need to log for tuning, but the gauge is nice to have just to keep a casual eye on your A/F.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog