##'s for Silver Stripes on 99 GTS

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
##\'s for Silver Stripes on 99 GTS

I'm trying to find out the "part number" for silver stripes on a 99 GTS.

Anyone have a clue??

Thanks!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ##\'s for Silver Stripes on 99 GTS

Its your secondary paint code on the label inside the door.... No part number as its not a "part".

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Janni. Unfortunately, I had mine done to factory specs after I got the car so it does not have the paint code on the door. Anyone else?

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just looked on the door of my 99 black/silver GTS and did not see a secondary paint code. All I had was Pnt: PX3, although the window sticker says 'Viper Bright Silver Metalic' for the stripes.

Jim

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, this was killing me, as I tried to help Mike earlier to no avail. Besides, I figured *maybe* the silver from '97 (main body color) might have been slightly different (stripe color in '99+). I first went to the door panel. Like Jim, no secondary paint code. I then went to the 2000 Service Manual (the big orange epic novel). I found this under Section 23-1 (Body-Paint Code-Description):

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Exterior Body colors are identified on the Body Code Plate. The plate is located on the in the (sic) engine compartment and attached to the top of the right frame rail. Refer to the Introduction section at the front of this manual for body code plate description. The paint code is also identified on the Vehicle Safety Certification Label which is located on the drivers door shut face.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I go back out to the car, flashlight in hand. No plate on any frame rail I could see. Looked everywhere around the engine compartment, including the frame rails I could actually see with a flashlight. Nada. Looked in the manual and referred to the Introduction section, as suggested above. It said this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The Viper does not require a body code plate due to limited optional equipment and colors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say, couldn't they have pointed that out in Section 23-1? Sigh... So I then went back to the drivers door, hoping I could nail it down. Well, here is the label:

You must be registered for see images

Can you find the stripe code? I sure as heck can't. Thought maybe it was "TRM", but am told that is the interior. One other interesting note, especially for those of you with factory silver stripes: In looking over the paint very closely, the stripes on the rear bumper have a different "texture" from the rest of the car. They have almost a "crinkle" finish to the silver paint with the clearcoat added to make it perfectly smooth to the touch. Looks pretty darn cool, in my humble opinion. Probably a defect for all I know.
smile.gif
And yes, they are factory stripes, right on the window sticker and everything.

Well, that's all from this camp. If anybody else needs something like thread count on the rear carpeting, just let me know - it is actually pretty fun to go out and explore the car even more! Not that I needed an excuse, but they always help. I am headed out now to look at more frame rails...

Chris

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I ordered some PA9 touch-up paint earlier today. Thanks to Chris and everyone else for the help!!

For those interested, you can get the touch-up paint for only $5 bucks from your local Dodge Dealer. That's the cheapest thing I've every ordered for the Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96