Sacramento Area Vipers

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone interested in forming a group to meet once a month-say a Tue/Wednesday evening somewhere in Sacramento or Roseville area for dinner and BS?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCBrian, I am sure that you will get some takers. There are some pretty active guys in the Sacramento area.

Warfang, Maurice did move the meeting closer to you by about 20 minutes.....:)

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is it is a 2.5+ hour drive each way to get to the Bay area-without traffic! Fresno is 3+ hours. I have around 10 guys in my local area who have shown some interest. Maybe we should form a River City Chapter...same as the Norcal Shelby guys did years ago. I am still active in both, but have not gone to a Norcal meeting in 10 years due to the drive. Anyone at National listening? I would volunteer to start it.
Brian Barnes

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend in Lodi that just got a viper and he would be interested. if you get together let me know and i will forward the info.

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect a whole lot of people to get more involved in a local chapter! Let me know how I can help out in any way. Lets call this new chapter NorCal Vipers...

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I have 3 other owners who are interested who have not posted...we have a nice small group to start. We should find a place/time that will work with the majority-have a meeting-and see if we can come together. Any suggestions? Looks like we are from all over the place. Maybe Natomas area off of 80? BJ's? Might be a nice compromise...although I like Roseville because its close to my home LOL. Lets hear some suggestions folks!
Brian Barnes

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be in if it were a little further WEST, I too do not even bother with meetings of the Norcal club, way too long of a drive with traffic

How about Vallejo, or Sonoma, I hear there is a race track around there....

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same problem...for those of us in the Sacramento/Foothills area, Vallejo without traffic is an hour and a half...with traffic, two plus hours. That is why Warfang pointed out that there could be 3 clubs in the NorCal area.I think the focus here is Sacramento/Foothills area.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone interested in forming a group to meet once a month-say a Tue/Wednesday evening somewhere in Sacramento or Roseville area for dinner and BS?

Several of us have been getting together once a month already on Saturdays. We have got together in Folsom late morning then go for a cruise and lunch. I like the Saturday get together myself but it all sounds good.

Glen

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same problem...for those of us in the Sacramento/Foothills area, Vallejo without traffic is an hour and a half...with traffic, two plus hours. That is why Warfang pointed out that there could be 3 clubs in the NorCal area.I think the focus here is Sacramento/Foothills area.

I do believe the current NorCal chapter is the largest in VCA. Time for sub-chapters? Frankly, I'd rather meet up with you guys further north... going south towards Silicon Valley and back is just torture!

And I'm all for doing meal + drag.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to do Infineon on Wed the 12th. I'll have just got back from vacation, so lack of sleep and jet lag should make for some interesting reaction times:)

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drags are fun but the idea was not to have an event as the meeting place-but a meeting once a month to plan events like that.

What about RPM in Sacramento off of 50-they have a meeting room we could use-food there-and for those interested,indoor cart racing.Saturdays are tough for many because of family commitments-I know with three small kids it would be hard for me.

Contact Race Place Motorsports Indoor Kart Racing

Just a thought.....Brian

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For actual meetings, weekdays are best for me. Tuesdays or
Thursdays work well.

RPM is cool. Always a good meetng place.

Off 47th Ave is JR's Texas BBQ. Great meeting place and really good food (not really vegetarian friendly). Warehouse atmosphere with large picnic tables, etc.

I think you should pick a date and go for it.

Hey, isn't there a ******* up in the Natomas area??

Cheers,
George

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there...work schedule permitting. I have my weekends open for all of August so I need to take advantage of it!

Are any of you guys heading to Infineon for Indy/Drifting?

Ken

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hot August night car show in Danville is a lot of fun and lots of Vipers show up there. Lots of eye candy. Then Sat the drifting at Infineion. I went last year had a great time. Terri and Rocky did it right as always. Plan on going to both again this year but will be alone that weekend.

mike007

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For actual meetings, weekdays are best for me. Tuesdays or
Thursdays work well.

RPM is cool. Always a good meetng place.

Off 47th Ave is JR's Texas BBQ. Great meeting place and really good food (not really vegetarian friendly). Warehouse atmosphere with large picnic tables, etc.

I think you should pick a date and go for it.

Hey, isn't there a ******* up in the Natomas area??

Cheers,
George
Yaaa, make it Hooooters and I'll be there for sure!!! :2tu:

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hot August night car show in Danville is a lot of fun and lots of Vipers show up there. Lots of eye candy. Then Sat the drifting at Infineion. I went last year had a great time. Terri and Rocky did it right as always. Plan on going to both again this year but will be alone that weekend.

When is Danville's Hot August nights?

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like *******. Let me tear myself from work and go talk to the manager and check on parking. Is there a night that is good for the majority? It woudl be great if everyone interested could attend and see what interest we have as a group to make a regular commitment to attending.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay as I have been out of town. Who could/would be interested in attending a meeting on the first Tuesday of the month at ******* @ 3541 Truxels Rd. in Sacramento. I just went down and met with the manager.They are willing to rope off parking and reserve the back of the restraunt for us. Since Tuesdays are their slow days, they have tons of specials on their menu-so the cost is minimal for those on a budget. Let me know ASAP as I need a firm head count to make this happen!
Brian Barnes