Saw a Ford GT today!

wheatgerm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend and I were in Manhattan Beach today, just having a nice little cruise when all of a sudden...I see a red Ford GT (such a beautiful car)! The owner of the GT spots my Viper and sticks his arm out to wave...and we instantaneously wave back.

As the GT gets closer, we can finally see the owner.

And whaddya know? Its JAY LENO! :2tu:

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an awesome story! I always love to see other exotics on the road. I'm sure you won't forget that one anytime soon.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay is a cool car guy! I saw one yesterday on the floor of the Atlanta World Congress Center for the car show. It was not roped off and you could look it over close. Awesome car! The one in the Atlanta Auto Show was yellow with black stripes. :2tu:

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one near us Rich. Saw him a couple of times going up and down I-85, a red one. I saw him out driving in the rain last week...the rain!! Oh well, if you have that kind of money I guess you don't care. Gorgeous car though to see in person.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one near us Rich. Saw him a couple of times going up and down I-85, a red one. I saw him out driving in the rain last week...the rain!! Oh well, if you have that kind of money I guess you don't care. Gorgeous car though to see in person.

Yeah! Prolly Jeff Foxworthy or maybe Larry the Cable Guy where you're located. :D

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a silver Mercedes SLR on my way to work in the District last week. A $400K+ commuter?! Damn. Of course he (or she) was going against traffic, leaving DC. Very nice indeed.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One is around my area.The dealership who crashed it out during prepping of the car just got the owner a new one.It's red with white stripes.

FE92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spotted a red/white stripe Ford GT last week in my town.(Brentwood,TN). Young guy with backwards baseball cap and windows down. very cool

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to high jack this thread, but, while we're on the topic of other exotics...

My son (10) and I went out for a early morning drive this weekend. I love getting out right at dawn when there is no traffic and the air is cool. Anyway, after a nice drive along my favorite stretch, we ended up going over to the local Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche, everything dealership just to see what they had sitting around. Among all the other high priced stuff, they had a new Carrera GT and a new Saleen S7 sitting there. It was an interesting conversation trying to explain to a 10 year old just how much cash $400,000+ is. End result was, no, Dad isn't buying one today. :D

They are also a Lotus dealer and had 3 or 4 Elise's there too. Cool looking car but WAY to small for me.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought the Ford GT looked good, but when I saw one with LeMans Blue paint and white stripes, it was absolutely killer. Yea, it's worthy to sit next to the snake.....

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought the Ford GT looked good, but when I saw one with LeMans Blue paint and white stripes, it was absolutely killer. Yea, it's worthy to sit next to the snake.....

Yes it is...and it's amazing how little cars you can say that about.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed....looked something like this?:

You must be registered for see images attach

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what's funny? I have actually been cruising the Corvette boards (C6 Z06 section), because I am actually impressed with the new Z06. But what's soooo funny is how delusional some of those guys are...... They actually believe the new Z06 LOOKS BETTER and causes more of a CROWD than the Ford GT! Talk about 'living in denial'. At least the 99% of us Viper owners can admit that the GT is one bad asp animal. And the other 95% will admit the GT looks better than the SRT10/Coupe. Now between the GTS and GT is where the argument becomes valid. Since the GT is so new, it would get the nod at this time. But in 10 years, I feel the GTS and GT will stand as two of the best looking cars from this era.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang