Saw the Comp Coupe test mule on the track yesterday...

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PVO brought their 2nd Comp. Coupe (not the show car most of us saw last year) to ViperDays at Mid-Ohio. Tommy Archer was shaking down the car. According to the guys from PVO, this was only the second time they had this test car on the track. There were a few noticeable (and I'm sure even more not-so noticeable) differences between this car and last year's show car. I'm sure somebody who had longer to look at the car than me can detail these differences better.

The most interesting thing I saw was how strong the car ran when they sent it out during the second half of the Viper Racing League race on Friday. Tommy was obviously taking it easy in spots and trying different lines to see where the car worked best. They sent him out a half lap behind the back of the pack and, in just a few laps, he caught up and began moving through the field. He wasn't necessarily blowing by cars on the back-straight (yes, we've all heard the new cars have lots of power), but I don't think he wanted to either... He was, however, VERY quick through the hilly, twisty back half of Mid-Ohio. This told me that the chassis, suspension, and brakes must be darn good!! It was great to see the car on the track - can't wait to see more!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a little to long without hearing anything new on both new Vipers.

I need a fix! Come on DC - give us a little update. Please....

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
I plan on talking to him next month down at Lime Rock. Have to make sure I ask him about it
smile.gif

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also was quite impressed with the plywood front splitter and electrical tape holding down the foam around various areas in the engine compartment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude