Seasonal Pricing???

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in the market for another Viper but it seems like this is a bad time of year to buy one. Asking prices are on the rise. Is this a seasonal thing? I suspect it is and being patient until at least Sept/Oct or beyond would be better. Or are other factors at play?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market for another Viper but it seems like this is a bad time of year to buy one. Asking prices are on the rise. Is this a seasonal thing? I suspect it is and being patient until at least Sept/Oct or beyond would be better. Or are other factors at play?

Yep, Summer time is "Viper time". Prices usually rise quite a bit, particularly RT's which are not much fun in the winter and no fun in the rain :) ... at least GTS's and SRT's are drivable in the rain RT's and GTS's seem to be rising in general. Best time to buy is around The Christmas Holidays.

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi V10speedluvr

I really don't know.

There was a time when I only had eyes for the GTS. Then I met a bunch of guys in Austin who had RT10s and I was impressed with their look for the 1st time (the cars that is, NOT the guys). I am also wondering whether an early SRT10 might suit my daily driver needs better, since I have been told they are more user friendly. But my car budget would suggest an 03 with fair amount of miles.

Then I have seen one or two very nice older supercharged RT10s/GTSs, which appeal... then there is my favorite color combo b/w GTS..... So right now....don't know....just need to get back into a Viper...trying to be very patient...

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, You loved the FE but a practical daily driver it is not. In truth neither are all the other Vipers. The SRT 10 and Coupe are more refined but great deals can be had on Gen II's. Very difficult decision since there is no wrong answer.

I got my 2000 RT/10 on a Labor Day weekend from a dealer and got winter pricing since the summer was over and snow was expected. It amazingly turned out that Sep-Nov were the best months for the whole year weather wise. :cool: I probably could have made $2-4k profit reselling it in the Spring but having a dream fulfilled was priceless.

At least after having been a Viper owner you will be more prepared this time. Good luck. :2tu: