Seat heightin SRT Viper vs SRt Viper GTS

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have posted this before but have to place my order soon and need to know if the base SRT Viper has more head room because of the manual seats. I figure the power seats in the GTS might be higher b/c of power mechanism.
Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!!

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive SRT at VOI put me in a GTS because it had more room and better seat adjustment. I tried and didn't fit in the SRT. I fit inside the GTS but I could only see 40 feet out in front of the car. The roof comes down to meet the windshield. It should be the other way around. The windshield should come up to the roof. I fit in my GEN1 if I don't have to drive with a helmet under the soft top. I moved the review mirror mounting point down and drive looking over the top of the mirror. I also added custom seat rails. I can't wait to retrofit GEN5 seats and Jmch's hard top.

ringram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats crap if the SRT doesnt give the same headroom.
RoyV how tall are you?
Im 6'6" and was hoping the SRT also had the extra headroom!

I dont want to have to stump up over $20k for 1" more headroom.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was expecting more legroom, the spec sheet says 42.72 inches compared to the Gen 4 at 42.4

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats crap if the SRT doesnt give the same headroom.
RoyV how tall are you?
Im 6'6" and was hoping the SRT also had the extra headroom!

I dont want to have to stump up over $20k for 1" more headroom.

Oversimplification, much? Not like you're also getting dual mode suspension, all-leather interior, a better sound system, exclusive options, and a more-exclusive model.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oversimplification, much? Not like you're also getting dual mode suspension, all-leather interior, a better sound system, exclusive options, and a more-exclusive model.

A lot of people don't care about that stuff. They just want the extra seat motion.

What if you want all of the GTS features without the adjustable suspension? As in non-girly men who plan on doing aftermarket coilovers but would like the updraded interior...

Is it possible to get the SRT model with all of the GTS interior goodies? I'd sure hope so. It sounds to me like this 2 model system is a big mess that wasn't well planned. As mentioned in another thread, they should all be called "GTS" and everything should be an option.

The "girly men" comment was intended to be humorous.. so for all of you uptight people remember a lot of what you read on forums is tongue and cheek.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people don't care about that stuff. They just want the extra seat motion.

What if you want all of the GTS features without the adjustable suspension? As in non-girly men who plan on doing aftermarket coilovers but would like the updraded interior...

Is it possible to get the SRT model with all of the GTS interior goodies? I'd sure hope so. It sounds to me like this 2 model system is a big mess that wasn't well planned. As mentioned in another thread, they should all be called "GTS" and everything should be an option.
The "girly men" comment was intended to be humorous.. so for all of you uptight people remember a lot of what you read on forums is tongue and cheek.
Where is that thread? I know full leather interior is not an option for SRT model and I somewhat agree on the everything should be an option idea but when I put myself in the business man shoes, it doesn't look promising from business man prespictive! I wish some options were available on both models though.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
So as a girly girl (LOL)....of only 5 foot nothing in height.......(pretty darn short!) will the Gen V be easier or more difficult to fit me?
You guys are all talking about having enough head room and leg room....I have the opposite problem....I wanna know if I'll be able to sit high enough to see over the hood! LOL!!!
Gen 1 was great....so was Gen 2...however I found Gen 3 and Gen 4 were okay but not quite as good.....so....how does Gen 5 compare to the earlier Gens? (do the seats go up as high as previous Gens) ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery