Seat Lowering Kit -- Should I

OhFourSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an '04 convertible. I am 6'7" and pretty much look like Donkey Kong in Mario Kart if I sit up straight with the top down when I drive. I mostly drive with the top down. Even then I need to slouch in the seat to see properly. I have my seat up one notch so that I can recline it a mere notch to help me slouch. I have seen this seat lower kit at theviperstore (NWE-1ASLK) and am considering it. However for $500, I am not certain if it is worth it. Thoughts?
Thanks.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, shop around. I was looking for touch up paint, original retail was about $38. Found it at the Viper Store for $165! Pass. You may still be able to order an OEM lowering kit from Dodge for much less.

Anyway that kit only gives you 1”, there is another that will give you 2“. You’ll lose the ability to move the seat forward and back but I doubt you will care. I remember reading about a guy that lowered his by cutting out a section of the original and welding it back together, cost about $50.

OP
OP
O

OhFourSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I will shop around on that one. I did not consider that it might be an OEM part.

The one that lowers 2" has the seat three "notches" closer to the steering wheel which it not enough room for my legs. But I appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4