SEE A 10.45 SECOND 1/4 MILE VIDEO

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same Equipment as my Viper Tom... I do look forward to next season. (It's just started snowing...)

Cheers
/JP

2thDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
Go to: www.btrviper.com/video/10-45viper.mpg to see a recent run.

The car only has exhaust, slicks and nitrous.

take care

tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, it's supposed to be a 10.45 second run, but the video this link points to only lasts 5 seconds.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, could you please post this video on your site, but in a higher resolution. I would like to check the chassie reactions.
What a bout launch RPM, 60 foot, 1/8 and speed?

/JP

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Tom says in his post, try right clicking on the link and saving the file first, then play it. Tom, you have to record a day-time drag sometime! By the way, those launches you get are bloody incredible!

Like JP, I just received my Nitrous and half-shafts from Tom and getting installed tomorrow! We are in rainy season now but I can't wait 'til next season too. Hope I can even come close to Tom's time!

Reaction score
It is about time that many people open thier eyes about horse power. I have been drag racing alond time and there are a couple of very simple formulars that give you ENGINE HORSE POWER. they are pretty tried and true and have been published in many books.

HP=weight with driver(speed/234)3 power.
take Toms car at 3500+200 (i hope i don't insult) X 132 trap speed/ 234) times 3 to the third power. 132/234=.564 xthird power=.1794 times x 3700= 663 hp.

hp= weight(speed / 234)to the third power.

this does not include clutch slip etc. try it out. Stock Viper 3700 with driver, 118 trap speed = 473 hp.

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Great Formulas, thanks for sharing them!!

Recompute mine at 137 mph if you get some spare time(as thats what i usually run on nitrous)

thanks,

tom

Reaction score
Hey Tom that's flying with 741HP. with just a basic car with limited up grades. That's like a 225 shot on NOS and Propane. by the way I received my 1/2 shafts, waiting for the propane. Not any hurry I don't have build date on car yet. I can just droollll over the stuff I am buying for the car. I'll have to take out a second mortgage to pay for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth