Seeking 1994 to 1998 Dodge Viper RT10

jeff Goldston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys

Looking for a 1994 to 1998 Dodge Viper RT 10. Must have A/C. Hard Top Preferred as well as newer tires. Color not important. -Anybody have one they are looking to sell? Please let me know. Ready to purchase. Not interested in any modded cars. Must be original with Original Paint. No accidents.

email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited:

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is a choice and you can find a '97 in VBlue or VRed grab one. Rarest of the bunch. Happy hunting sir.

VipeRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that price! Just sold on BaT for just over $40k....

OP
OP
J

jeff Goldston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks but that 1994 with 18k is way overpriced. Not looking to be anywhere near that figure. Guess I will continue my search.

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you Jeff.......for now. Near future could change if the Viper market holds and trends upward. The reality is these are rare cars. Period. Except for outlier '94, Gen 1&2 yearly production numbers were less than 2k/year. Impressionable kids in the '90s are now in the position to purchase the car(s) they dreamed of in their youth. Whether '90s Vipers, Mustangs, Corvettes, "M" cars Porsches etc.
We knew these days were coming.
Hags didn't help buyers. Sellers on the other hand...............
https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/2020-was-the-year-of-the-viper/

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will either get a beat up viper for $35K on none at all. Prices have jumped as they were underpriced for years.

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100% DJ.
Scoring an excellent example for forty-something now will probably look like a brilliant decision later. More importantly in the unlikely chance the value goes nowhere, you still own one of the coolest, most unique and fun to drive American cars ever to coat tarmac with rubber.
I believe part of the fascination surrounding the Viper is the fact the car world will never return to these primitive methods of design and engineering. Raw, merciless, unapologetic and decidedly more dangerous.
You've heard the car classification of "Analogue". In sports cars the overwhelming favorite was the 427 Cobra. Analogous to it's spiritual reptile brother these cars are manually shifted, naturally aspirated and generate mammoth torque from a huge powerplant at low RPM. As such both were without nannies to protect the ham ****** or bacon footed pilots. I mentioned "fun" earlier. Well, it's not learners permit fun but with experience driving enthusiastically on dry mostly smooth surfaces - rewarding. Pushed - challenging. Driven in anger - Better have your shyte wired tight.
So to minimize the chance of being the cautionary tale driving this and other caveman-class vehicles I've adopted some basic principles. Fresh tires. Warm track surface. Build speed & confidence slowly. I find these cars have a tendency to rotate easily, expect it.
When playing in the rain - all bets are off (see "Driven in anger")
Best,
Bret.

Chad Spackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked a 94 RT/10 for $31k about 4 months ago. 35k miles, leaking head gasket, grabby clutch, leaking in tank fuel regulator, noisy diff, Deceleration trans whine in all gears but 4th, nearly perfect frame and paint. I've fixed its problems mostly. Trans/Diff to do yet Cost is mostly parts. Cometic gaskets "ouch!" I considered it an OK deal at the time. I've continued to look and now consider it a good deal. Ive not been able to find one that as in as good shape for under 38k. Either prices are going up or it was just a matter of timing. Or, maybe I got screwed, but man it's fun! I'd like to know what its previous owner subjected it to. The diff ring & pinion were changed to 3.33 from 3.07 (why bother) and the power for the speedo re-calibration device was wired to the light dimmer in the speedo, so I have very little confidence in anything that dude touched whoever it was.

Ajviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys

Looking for a 1994 to 1998 Dodge Viper RT 10. Must have A/C. Hard Top Preferred as well as newer tires. Color not important. -Anybody have one they are looking to sell? Please let me know. Ready to purchase. Not interested in any modded cars. Must be original with Original Paint. No accidents.

email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I sent you an email earlier, let me know if you haven't received it or need more information. I will most likely be posting in the classified section here as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper