Selling the Vette getting a Viper

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm sure that you are sick of me being here with the Vette. Today I sold my Corvette
frown.gif
I will miss this car since it was my first true sports car.

This week I'll be buying new 02 Graphite GTS No Stripes just like the one on the pic posted by one of the dealers.
1420.jpg

My question to you is? Should I get the car locally which would save me 1K or go with Bill Pemberton. He sounds like knows his Vipers well unlike the most dealers.

Please post any pic's of graphite!!!!!

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JusSumFastGi:
Your local car dealer will sell for invoice as well? Are you talking about the shipping cost?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Local guy will sell for cost.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy from Bill. You won't beat his price and nobody is better to deal with. John, from Viper transport (that's how you'll get it), is also very accomodating. Woodhouse gives back a lot to the Viper community, so if anybody "deserves" the business, it's Woodhouse.

I bought a Graphite 02, GTS from Bill.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy from a Viper friendly dealer. Woodhouse is great, and has treated this community with the utmost respect. There are also some great dealers on the coast as well. Tator has always been a big supporter, and Buhler (who I bought my rt10 from) has been an honest and upfront dealer since the early days. Anyone of them will do whatever they can to make your experience one you will remember for a lifetime. If you want to get treated as family go to the family. (wow, how Sopranoish!)

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Non viper friendly dealer??? FUGEDDABOUDIT! Pay the extra 1K, from what I've read, it's worth it, esp if you need warranty work or just general service work done properly. Does your local dealer have a viper tech??

Craig

"just when I thought I was out... dey pulled me back in."

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator's got a graphite '02 ACR w/ gray stripes (IMHO beautiful combo) for sale in the shop. Regardless if you're interested in his car, he does handle "out of town" purchases. Would be worth a call as he's likely the most respected in your (our) area.

Good Luck!

Scott

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely go w/ the local dealer. Heck as long as it's a Dodge dealer, why incur the extra shipping, wait, etc??
Awesome choice though, really nice car.

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,
enjoy your new ride!

Hopefully we can meet and swap rides, etc….
Maybe I’ll even bring a video camera
smile.gif

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

Please be careful.. the cars are very different. My .0002 I wasnt ready for the VIper.. which is why I am going back to the vette for a while. Get more experience.. and then back to car that has my heart .. a steel gray GTS..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are quite a few of us that have left the C5 word for the GTS world. Good luck, just remember about the olny thing the vette and the viper have in common is that they both start with 'V' and the are both sports cars, other than that they are totally different.

Robert

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy, I understand your line of reasoning but from my past experiences I truley believe you should just climb back into the saddle a little more weary and wise..

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are VCA sponsoring dealers still offering VCA membership with purchase? It's a nice little touch that was started last year.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say you cannot go wrong dealing with Woodhouse and Bill Pemberton. However, if your local dealer has it in stock NOW and is giving you a *killer* price on it, then I'd probably be tempted to do that.

However, if I was ordering the car, I'd go with Woodhouse without hesitation. Imagine your dealer orders the car, and the sales monkeys drive it before you get it, or they "wash" it and give you a nice clear-coat etching. Woodhouse removes these worries - worth the $1k difference.

Hey, why not fly to Nebraska, partake of the "free lunch program" offered by *****, and drive back? Great way to break it in!

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:

Hey, why not fly to Nebraska, partake of the "free lunch program" offered by *****, and drive back? Great way to break it in!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought about that but it would be a lot of miles to NYC.

vinman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my .02.. BP offers a great deal

net net.. my local dealers do not have a good rep in Viper community.. (Schaumburg Dodge) so distance didn't matter..

I ended up going through Herb Gordon 'cause they let me test drive the car (locals wouldn't) and they also had viable way to take in my '99 F355 Spider on trade and get me the best buck.. if it weren't for the trade.. I'd have gone to Pemberton for sure.

BTW GREAT COLOR! (I like the no stripe look also... )

Have fun!!

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
darren hooked me up.i didnt even try to bicker with him,he was so fair.i looked at car for twenty minutes ,left downpayment and told him id be back saturday to pick it up.
when i got there the car was spotles and roped off with velvet ropes.i felt good.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that graphite GTS look *sweet* in that picture?

I never saw the point of graphite... but that might just be the best looking color I've seen on a GTS yet!

vinman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Is it just me or does that graphite GTS look *sweet* in that picture?

I never saw the point of graphite... but that might just be the best looking color I've seen on a GTS yet!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not just you... that color looks awesome in the pic.. (haven't seen one live yet)

very sweet!

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post some pic's in a day or two when I GET IT!!!!!! I CAN"T STOP SCREAMING.......Those will be two longest days