Selling Viper to a dealer?

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To avoid private seller hassles, I was interested in hearing what dealers give good trade-in values on used Vipers?
Obviously looking for the most $$$ for selling my VIper to a dealer. I realize that I can get more on my own.

Reaction score
Your wrong on thinking you can not get more on your own. Dealer's by cars at wholesale prices because they have to make a profit on the car too. They will probably give you about or around $2000 up to $10,000 less than what your asking for it. I mean if you need the money now it will be fine that is if you don't mind losing money on it. Just put it in the Classifieds and wait alittle while to see if you get any bites on it. It may take alittle while but you'll end up sellling it.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason-
Sorry for the confusion in the above description. I realize that I can get more $$$ if I sell it on my own, but it can also be a hassle, run into problems, etc... It is much cleaner to just sell it to a dealer; as long as they don't drastically underprice the car. Just looking for a reasonable deal.
What dealer has the best reputation for buying used Vipers?
Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I agree with your worries about "hassle factor"...private sales NOT for everyone. Would contact the dealers on this page listed as site sponsors, give full description/disclosures and see what they offer. Would be cautious dealing outside of official Dodge dealers and watch for occasional "flakey' broker...hard to get your $$$$ out of state. Good luck,

Steve

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call around. I have a friend at a local dealership calling around today to see what he could expect to get for an incoming GTS in trade for a 2000. If the dealers need to check the pulse of the market you should too. Locally I am seeing showroom 2000's offered at $67k, ACR's $73k including the a/c added back in. If you get a good deal you may get a little less on your trade in but still come out way ahead.

It's amazing how little the 96's with high miles can bring. High bid on one today, with headers, was $35k, with all other bids at $30k and under.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine