Senior Discount! Dodge offers employee pricing to AARP members

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, in all honesty... does anyone have some numbers they can spout off? This might be really tempting for, *cough* my "dad" to look into if the numbers are good enough.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, alright..... since no one else has jumped on this, I went ahead and called a local sales manager to have them look it up. When I find out what the number is, I'll post it here for you guys to decide if it's worth it or not.

Any guesses what employee pricing would be?

$91,000 Coupe off the showroom floor, but it's a low production vehicle that probably has relatively high production cost...
... I'm guessing around $78,000.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You only need to be 50 to join AARP and my 50th birthday is coming up next week... Humm.... so what is the employee price for a strip Vert:headbang: Hey there's no way I'll tell anyone else that I'm a member of AARP.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I was told when they finally got back to me:

A) Viper production is at a halt, so this would have to be for a car already on a dealer lot at a dealership where the owner was willing to take the employee pricing deal from Dodge.

B) AARP offer for Employee Pricing equates to being 1% under Invoice. Invoice being 86k and change, therefore the price is 85k and change.

End result: if you can find someone equipped to make the deal you can save about $9,000 on a new Viper. :headache:

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok Now I have called my local dealer to see what gives. He said that Employee pricing varies from car to car and with options. the car I priced out was 94,350 Ivnoice was 87,758 Employee Pricing was unavailible?? he could not explain why! AARP also has a $200 fee to allow you to buy the car at this price. So it comes down to a 7k to 8k savings, off MSRP. My Dealear also said there should be no reason that a dealer would or could refuse to sell you the car. But You never know???
Just my .02 worth!
PS I made the call 11-21-08 at 4:00 pm

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Program is on 2008 Vipers and does include both Coupe and Convertible ( no ACRs). It has been somewhat confusing, as it was listed a couple of ways, and was not conclusive about how or what models would be included. That should be corrected early next week.

Dealers have the right to not participate, though I also do not know why they would not, and all 24 of our 08s will be eligible. A photocopy of the membership card is a definite requirement, so those just turning 50 should send in membership immediately.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893:drive:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine