Service Engine Soon code 1494

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
googled and found this....pretty much what you found.

1494 Leak Detection Pump (LDP) pressure switch problem - electrical or the
pump itself.

1494-electrical or the pump itself

thats all i see. hope it helps ya.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
manual says :
Incorrect input state detected for the leak detection pump (LDP) pressure switch

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Generic reader says "Leakage detecting pump pressure switch"
Fuel pump going bad?
Smog device?
Ideas?

Not a fuel pump, but smog. Probably the front charcoal cannister that cleans the fumes...common problem. Probably NOT related to a loose gas cap, but id TRY that 1st anyway and see if that changes the pressure across that cannsiter and turns off the lite.

Remember the lite may stay on for 3-4 run cycles after any change and then go out as the PCM adapts

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Leak detection switch faults were very common on the 1998 and 1999 models.
The pump switch was prone to failure and is part of the pump. The purpose of the pump is to pressurize the fuel tank to check for evaporative leaks (for fumes getting into the atmosphere and polluting the air). Your dealer can perform diagnostic check, but odds are that you have a pump problem. If your gas cap is loose or you have a vapor leak, you would have a code for a leak not a switch fault. The pump is located in the front left part of the front fascia.

Hope this helps,

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey,
I think I remember seeing that little thingy. It has a few rubber isolators and is directly under the driver headlight. MIGHT be able to change it through the rubber plug from the wheel well.??

If the light stays off, all is well.