Shameless plug for nonprofit activity - NOVA, MD, etc.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some of you may know, in addition to my Viper fanaticism, I am also involved with dog rescue - Cocker Spaniels, specifically. My group - Cocker Spaniel Adoption Center is located in Maryland. (www.cockeradoptions.org)

October is our annual fundraiser for the Cocker Spaniel Adoption Center. The fundraiser is for the increasing medical needs of the dogs we get in our care. We're always on the lookout for cheaper sources for medical treatment, but you wold be amazed what procedures can cost... and how folks seem to be dropping their sick dogs off at shelters instead of taking responsibility for them - either by paying for treatment or euthanizing them humanely.

So - we have a luncheon and an auction.

If you have a business in the NOVA / MD area and would like to a) donate goods or services for auction or 2) buy an ad in our program, please shoot me a PM or email - jtcone at gmail dot com.....

We will be thanking all the businesses and asking our volunteers to support them businesses and to tell their friends, as well. (Or - if you are internet / national - we will do what we can to support you, too!)

We are a 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax deductible (please consult your tax adviser for more more specific information or limitations to your deductions)

We've auctioned off beach house rentals, NASCAR signed memorabilia, sports memorabilia, we have a 12 person private wine tasting up for auction this year, some jewelry - it really runs the gamut. If you have something that might be interesting and you'd like to help our cause, the dogs would be most appreciative.

100% of the proceeds goes to the care of the dogs as we have no paid staff.

Thank you for reading.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, how about auctioning off a pedigree male chocolate cocker? I need one for some breeding!

Sounds like a very nice rescue. And being a cocker owner and hopeful ******* I'm glad to hear you're out there. We had to drive passed Phily to find a cocker ******* and get ours. We couldn't be happier though. Love those dogs!

Anyway, can't help with the donations as I don't own a company, but I can certainly buy or help in other ways. Good luck with the auction!

V

Venomiss

Janni,
This sounds like a great event and wish we lived a little closer so we could come! Maybe you can get some Vipers to show up-make it a carshow/doggie auction? The website pictures are just adorable - and adoptable!
A fellow dog lover,
Mary

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, how about auctioning off a pedigree male chocolate cocker? I need one for some breeding!

Sounds like a very nice rescue. And being a cocker owner and hopeful ******* I'm glad to hear you're out there. We had to drive passed Phily to find a cocker ******* and get ours. We couldn't be happier though. Love those dogs!

Anyway, can't help with the donations as I don't own a company, but I can certainly buy or help in other ways. Good luck with the auction!

Thanks for your support. As a rescue, seeing the hundreds of purebred dogs come through our program - the absolute last thing in the world we encourage anyone to do is to go breed more. While there are good breeders out there - that do genetic research, produce champions, only breed when they have a little pre-sold, take back any dog they've EVER sold for ANY reason, require a spay / neuter contract and follow up on it, support their breed rescue, etc.... I just haven't run into any yet.

Please consider all these things before you breed your dog. Unless she's a champion and you are going to do all of the above - the dogs you produce can easily contribute to the shelter population.

Also, spaying a female before her first heat cycle will almost eliminate any chance of mammary cancer in the future.

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,
This sounds like a great event and wish we lived a little closer so we could come! Maybe you can get some Vipers to show up-make it a carshow/doggie auction? The website pictures are just adorable - and adoptable!
A fellow dog lover,
Mary

Thanks, Mary!

We're going to be at a hotel in the afternoon - perhaps that would be fun. I'll give Lee a buzz.

We're trying on the website - but I really need to get ahold of "you-know-who" and get that thing looking better!

Onward and upward.....

Janni

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery