Shipping a 1999 GTS

GmanSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found my dream car in South Carolina, unfortunately I live in MA...so I need to transport the car. The carrier companies tell me anything with a 5" ride height can be loaded safely onto an open carrier. What's your opinion on this? Should I pay the extra $500 to ship it with an enclosed trailer? What is the stock ride height?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with an enclosed trailer from a reputable shipper. I've shipped other cars on open trailers through websites like uship.com and I would not ship my Viper like that. Can't drive it back?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use enclosed. You never know. The name Gary almond comes to mind and there are others. You won't be sorry.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what the guys have suggested.

I personally am so glad I shipped mine in an enclosed trailer, SO worth the extra few $.

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found my dream car in South Carolina, unfortunately I live in MA...so I need to transport the car. The carrier companies tell me anything with a 5" ride height can be loaded safely onto an open carrier. What's your opinion on this? Should I pay the extra $500 to ship it with an enclosed trailer? What is the stock ride height?

Use reliable transport, they are great and I have bought and sold cars with them and never had a problem. Just used them a few weeks ago. The owner is a car guy too and they move all the new vipers to the dealers too.

Good Luck

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay a little extra up front for reputable enclosed or pay a lot in frustration later. I.E. Damage that wasn't there, broken this and that.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely enclosed, there is no other way when it comes to shipping a viper. Pm me I will forward you info on a shipping company I have used a few times for personal and business reasons

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ask jan at exotic car transport. they took good care of mine a few times. 800-766-8797

OP
OP
G

GmanSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all the insight. I'm in South Carolina now...I bought the car. Pics will follow. I will be using an enclosed trailer.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5" ride height? i think my stock 97 measures 2-3/4" at the front bumper. use dedicated enclosed

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Classsic Car Carrier near Indpls, his name is Ed dalton, great car guy, 1-877-533-1897, maybe he is moving trailers that way ?? I would use enclosed over open, sometimes especially seems the open guys meet at truck stops and swap cars and make up their different loads...good luck !