Short People

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go get yourself a Viper...and enjoy!

Pedals, yes, are adjustable and seat moves forwards, I'm a 5'6" petite female, and my Viper is just made to measure!

smile.gif
bounce.gif
smile.gif

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 5'6" also and have no problems. In my '96 I have the pedals and the seat adjusted all the way and I fit fine. And I like to be real close to the steering wheel. I recently drive a 2001 and found that the seat goes a lot farther forward. Too far for me.

Because the seat in my '96 is so far forward I reach down and slide it back every time I get out. As a result I find the car real easy to get into and out of...

Get the GTS!!! One test drive is all it will take to convince you!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm 5'7 and what I did was put an extension on the pedal. It worked great. I don't like to sit next to the steering wheel and have it on my chest when I drive. I like to be able to sit back. The block I put on it gave me about 1" which helped out a lot.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FUSCUCLA1, Don't listen to Ed.

It's all in who you know. Tell Billy Bob that Cody sent you and that I said to give you the deluxe treatment. You'll get 2 extra inches and it's only 1 case of Milwaukee best, instead of 2.

I'm on my third treatment and with any luck, I'll be over 5' next month!

YOUTHMAN, you'll have no problem reaching the pedals, and I think the radio buttons are easier to get to if you're shorter.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you've done it ! My wife (all 5' of her) was reading
these messages and says "They don't have a clue what short
is". Doug Levin told me how to get another inch or so seat travel, but it still doesn't seem enough to convince my
"lil lady" to try to drive the car (+/- ?).
Is there anyone out there with her stature that can drive
a gen 1 car comfortably ? Or any other trick that might work ?
Could the adjustable pedal set up be transfered to a gen 1
car ?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little trouble with how much travel the clutch has.
I would like to move the seat all the way back so I
ordered the Roe Clutch Pedal Modification Kit
so that way a guy who is 5'-10" can even sit in the furthest seat position with the petals all the way up and not have a problem!!
no reason not to get the viper!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From what I understand, all Viper owners need an extension somewhere else beside their legs. Isn't that the reason why we buy Vipers? It's an extension of Mr. happy. In my case I need a reduction.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Performin Norman:
Like everyone said above. You won't have any problem driving one. Go get it and have a blast.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Norman - You forgot to mention that you are 4'9" and that you bought the Z06 so you could sit up high like a monster truck...
smile.gif

Chris

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is 5'5 and has no problems in our Gen2.

Also, I remember that Herve Vilachez (Tatoo... Fantasy Island) owned a Viper for a few years, and did drive it around himself. He was a bit shorter than most of us... JonB probably remembers the details.

Remember- one size fits all!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 5 foot 8 inches and Im a little cramped. I pretty wide up top though. 5'5"? Not a problem. The pedals have god adjustability and their is a kit to "fix" the clutch pedal. It sticks waaaay out.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 5'6" and i drive a 95 with no problems and I don't even have the seat all the way up. I can still mash the clutch all the way to the floor. Go with the Viper you'll be happy, promise!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go drive a Vette, then a Prowler, and then drive a Viper you will know you NEED a...............................
.......................VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if you have to sit on a pillow and wear Stilts!!!

But you won't!! So Buy a Viper and enjoy!!

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 5'-4", 145 lb.
Thanks to the adjustable pedal assembly, my Viper seems to be custom built for a guy my size. The seat can be set somewhere in the middle of travel. I've never driven a Gen 1 but think the seat would have to be set too close for comfort.

YOUTHMAN----CHOOSE THE VIPER !