BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another one of these scams. This was on Ebay:

HRE 543R 20x10'' & 20x13.0'' Wheels & Tires Dodge Viper Item number: 7938215723

Seller: 1burban ( 97)
Positive Feedback: 99.0%
Member since Nov-28-01 in United States
Starting bid: US $999.00 (Reserve not met)
Time left: 23 hours 20 mins
1-day listing
Ends Nov-30-04 12:42:06 PST
Item location: LONDON
United Kingdom
Ships to: Worldwide

Summary
For any questions please email me: [email protected] We have for sale a Brand New Still in The Box set of HRE 543R Wheels with Pirelli Tires for sale. The wheels were ordered in for a Dodge SRT-10 Viper but the deal fell through and now we must blow them out! The wheels measure 20x10 ET44 in the front and 20x13.0 ET57 in the rear. The wheels were finished with HREâ??s beautiful Shotpeen Anodized finish. These wheels simply look incredible! Also included are Pirelli 285/30/20 and 345/25/20 tires, also completely brand new and ready to mounted. (We did not currently mount them so the purchaser may install OEM valve sensors if he or she desires) You will not be disappointed with these wheels. HRE is known for the finest fit & finish and overall quality in aftermarket wheels. Please feel free to contact with any questions:[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I contacted him and here's his replys:

"For the payment i accept only Western Union because i need the money cash.I guarantee the shipping, immediately after you confirm the transfer i send you tracking#.Please send me your details for the shipping"

"I am in U.K., if you are interested for the deal please reply."

Should I lead him on??

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked him for a conatct phone number.

The reply I got was let's use e-mail for now...

E-Bay does not do enough to stop scammers !!! They just collect fees from it.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they all want a Western Union money transfer for the difference as they're sending you a cashier's check for more money. I felt like telling them to send me a Western Union transfer and I'll send them a check, but do you really want to mess with criminals?
I got one that said they were agents for a diplomat that was interested in my car. I told them that diplomat can contact me himself if he wants my car.
These guys are easy to spot most of the time as they go right to final selling price questions. One group cared so little about what I was selling that they kept talking about wanting to buy my boat??? My ad was for my Porsche and I don't own a boat!
Now I write back immidiately saying the price is final, agents will not be accepted, and payments for more will not be accepted.
I wouldn't fool around with these people.

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this same item about a week ago listed under Viper Parts & Accessories......then it mysteriously disapeared. Somethings definitely not right.

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her's the latest reply:

Dear Sir,

I want you to use Western Union because for the moment i'm in London and it's the fastest way for me to receive cash, the funds will be available for pick up in a few minutes so the entire transaction will be completed in one day. Please send me your shipping address so I can start making arrangements right away.

Thank you

I'm going to continue this and see if I can get a degrading picture.

Stay tuned and don' touch that dial!!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Degrading picture" LOL you must have been reading and laughing at those stories on: www.419eater.com

See if you can get Neil or Nadine to ring them up since they are local to him. I remember seeing a scam from London also about Viper wheels last year. I responded that I had friends in London and they would drop by, check the wheels out and if in good condition pay him on the spot and take them.

The guy then told me that he wasn't in London at the moment to meet my "friends" and he was in some place like Egypt on business.

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the latest. I told him I put $2000 in an escrow account and needed his shipping info. Told him the fee would cost $200 to remove the money and send it Western Union. He's starting to foam at the mouth.

" I want you to go to your nearest Western Union agent location and send a money transfer using the following details:

NAME-DAVID BOYD
Address - 21 Bertram Road Hendon Central
City - London
Zip code - NW4 3PR
Country - United Kingdom

Immediately after you confirm the transfer i will start the shipping which will be at my charge.Also please e-mail me the 10 digit number from the WESTERN UNION paper ( MTCN number ) and sender`s full name and address along with your adress for the shipping.Also if you use Western Union
the transfer is completed in a few minutes, I apologize for not telling you about the fee. Please go to Western Union and tell them that you want to send $1800 and pay the fee from that amount, what I'm trying to say is that you have to send $1800 + W.U. transfer fee NOT $2000 + W.U.
t.f. I hope you understand what I'm saying."

More to come!!

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And another reply:

"Thanks for the reply.All people did pay to me directly.Also if I buy something I never asked for Escrow. Internet is based on trust. Again I noticed you are juts an eBay member but if you don't trust me you shouldn't buy also not via Escrow. Your money is safe with me and my items will always be delivered.
I'm not one of these sellers from Indonesia.

Again what I'm saying is that you don't need to be afraid"

OP
OP
B

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more:

"This is how we are going to do this: you will send a western union money transfer to any name you want (i.e. your best friend, your wife etc.) to an address in London, UK. You will than have to email me the scanned document from western union so I can see that you have really sent the money and I will immediately proceed with the shipping. After you receive and inspect the goods, call western union and change the money transfer into my name so I can pick up the funds."

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will send a western union money transfer to any name you want (i.e. your best friend, your wife etc.) to an address in London, UK. You will than have to email me the scanned document from western union so I can see that you have really sent the money and I will immediately proceed with the shipping. After you receive and inspect the goods, call western union and change the money transfer into my name so I can pick up the funds."

More BS. With the correct numbers/passwords, ANYONE can retrieve the funds from Western Union, regardless of the name.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This guy said he would end the auction for $2000.00 he wanted my details where to ship them so I replied

F*** You
F*** You Blvd
F***ville, KY

Phone: 800-EAT-SH*T

He never replied back.. LOL!