Simple Performance Enhancements

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is probably old news, but I installed K&N filters, smooth tubes, and a Snake Oyl exhaust today on my 2000 RT/10 and saw a VERY noticeable increase in performance and sound. Particularly low and mid range acceleration!

Great bang for the buck considering it was roughly a $650 upgrade and that doesn't seem to buy much for a Viper ...

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, all I've changed is smooth tubes and exhaust on mine...well and then Nitrous. Try adding Nitrous with the mods you've made and hang on. You won't need any more mods after that!

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. $650 includes the exhaust, and gives the Viper a MUCH better sound.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who did the work for you? or did you do it....BTW- I have a lift if you want to throw it up there and just stare for a while....

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool man. May take you up on that later. I had a Viper Tech do it. I found a GREAT one out at Dodge of Monroe (Cam is his name, good mechanics name, huh?) and he is awesome. Charged me $76 and put on smooth tubes, filters, and exhaust and fixed/tuned up about 6 things on my car. Very friendly dude, would recommend big time.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DUDE!!! He is the best tech....he used to be a dodge of bellevue and I hate that dealership so would not go there....he does great work....I did not know that he had moved....besides...Monroe is closer for me!!! Oh I am psyched now I can get the best tech and not have to deal with that dealership....He did most of the work on Lou's GT-2 just as him about it....just an insane car! let me know when you want to use the lift...air, tools, fridge, and tunes....it is where I go hide ;-)

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse, of course. He had the best price and it was at my door 2 days after I ordered it. Sorry, don't have his number handy, but it's usually all over the board.

It includes a (roughly) 4 foot stainless steel unit with very nice clamps, so it's easy to go back to stock if wanted. Basically you just replace the rear muffler pipe unit on the stock Viper. Very nice sound!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too did the smoothies, K&Ns, and Snake-Oyl rear exhaust set up. I found a noticeable difference in the way the car runs..and sounds. The smoothies and filters are a easy, easy job. And the Snake-Oyl system took about an hour to exchange in my garage. (Once I got the car up.)