Single Event Track Damage Insurance

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received a note through the VCA for a surplus lines insurer, Pacific Insurance Corp for a Viper owner on-track program. Runs from @ $3800-9225.00 per season (30 track days). Deductable runs from $5,000-18,750.00. I haven't run this season so I didn't call these guys. They list their number as (301) 590-0006.

I'm sure there are others on this board who can advise you of other companys.

Good luck...Paul

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez. For those rates I'll take my chances on out-of-pocket damage cost. If I were doing Speed GT, that's a different story.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your able to afford those types of coverages, your more than likely not going to bother repairing the car. Rather, just going out and buying a replacement.

OP
OP
V

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you know why I'm asking. I'm not going to spend that to attend a single event.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a problem and if you do a search you'll see it's been discussed before here. As an example I ran the Viper at No Problem Raceway last year and although a gentlemens race with passing only allowed at certain places it still was aggressive...great, great fun but the chance for serious damage was always there. Minor stuff that you wouldn't perhaps think about, such as rubber and stones flying off the guy who's bumper you're locked onto caused minor dings including my windshield. Now for me it was worth it...but watching the guys run the rest of the weekend and seeing wrecks in the full blown races gave me pause about door to door stuff with the Viper. Bill Pemberton has been trying to get me to buy a Miata for door to door stuff and I'm schooled in F-2000 and Betil Roos has a great arrive & drive race program for F-2000. So there are options that'll by-pass insurance. I'm sure there are other guys who road race here that can give you advice on insurance.

Best wishes...Paul :usa:

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the same underwriter for track insurance, Pacific Insurance, which is based in Australia and which has been insuring Porsche club events for some time (and is just recently moving in on the Viper market). However, I use a different broker, Laurel DE Management Inc., which offers a different package at a different price than that referenced in the above post. The prices quoted above are for actual racing coverage while my policy is for on-track “drivers’ education,” such as Viper Days, and for getting solo seat time during VIR member driving days. The key seems to be designated passing zones and point-bys (i.e., not actual racing). My policy one-time premium was roughly $2,200 for the lesser of one year or 20 track days, and I insured the car up to something like $80K to take into account my modifications (which are covered). I think their smallest policy is for 10 track days and was about $300-$350 less from my coverage amount. Obviously, if you’re insured for a lesser amount, the premium will be less as well. The deductible is high ($10K or $15K in my case), but I think of all insurance generally as providing catastrophic coverage only, so the deductible doesn’t really bother me. Knowing that I can replace my Viper and get back on the track if I total it is well worth the $110 per track day (I’ll use all 20 days) for my first year out. Perhaps next year I’ll forego the insurance or reduce the coverage, but for this first year, $2200 seemed like pretty cheap peace of mind and really just a drop in the bucket of costs that is my Viper experience. If interested in more details, give David Empringham, of Lourel DE Management Inc., a call at 866-518-1110. Of course you can PM me too. With all that said, for one day of coverage at Viper Days, I’m not sure you have any realistic options. Maybe give Courtney at call and see if she has suggestions. I’m sure she gets the question all the time.

OP
OP
V

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the leads. I've just going to the school and it looks like Mid America is the only event I'll be able to attend until after July. If Courtney has something I'll post it.

badsnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question you brought up. Last year at Texas Motor Speedway after the VOI I participated at the Viper Days event with Skip and Courtney with my buddy and I both using my 2003 SRT. We had also participated in Viper Days after the VOI in St Louis using my '96 RT/10. Unfortunately my buddy had a lapse in concentration on day 2 and spun out in Nascar turn 2 to a tune of $40K in damages BEFORE breakdown. Car currently 1 week from getting back to whole, but on my dime since NYS insurance policies deemed driver education NOT coverered.
The Viper Days experience is well worth the time and effort to do, and Skip and Courtney are top shelf as are all the vendors and staff at the events. Special kudos and praise to John Archer and his staff in their assistance to me and my car at the track and afterword. Track insurance would be worth it.

Mike Kowalski

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
American Collectors offers driver's ed insurance providing coverage for an unlimited number of events per year. The policy value is based on the Car's Blue Book. Then, the annual cost is 1.5% with a 20% deductible.

For example; a $50,000 Viper would cost $750 per year to cover. Wreck it, and the first $10,000 comes out of your pocket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang