SL500 gives me thumbs down on Freeway, complete disrespect!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the guy is driving like an ass to start with, by riding up your tail and cutting you off, I'd of eased off the gas moved a lane over to show him, your an ass and I don't my limited production Viper near your driving skills.

Just think what this post could be about if you see him again and end up wrecking your Viper at 100+mph. If he wrecks him MB he could find a replacement anywhere the next day. It won't be so easy for you.

Forget that punk ass *****

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do feel the technology in MBs is signaling the coming of the "driver’s" car holocaust. And feel if there was ever the opposite of a "driver’s" car MBs would be them. (I am going to get flamed for that) Try to remember that’s just an opinion. :)

I'll put my driver's holocaust up against your GEN I anyday. I would love to see the look on your face when a 4000lb luxury sedan puts a whoopin' on your Viper. :eek: You're probably too busy typing your mods in your signature and applying coats of Zaino to ever participate in a race though...

What Mercedes-Benz vehicles you've recently driven? Last time I checked, I had to hit the brakes to stop, push the gas for go, and move the steering wheel to go the desired direction. I don't have that special program that allows the car to drive itself, maybe you did?

I bought my MB because I wanted something that was luxurious. I'm not going to drive my GTS as a daily driver because it's just not practical for me.

I'm sure all the VCA members on here really appriciate your "experience" with the MB product and will gauge all purchasing decisions on your genius opinions that you've provided on this thread. :rolleyes:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do feel the technology in MBs is signaling the coming of the "driver’s" car holocaust. And feel if there was ever the opposite of a "driver’s" car MBs would be them. (I am going to get flamed for that) Try to remember that’s just an opinion. :)

I'll put my driver's holocaust up against your GEN I anyday. I would love to see the look on your face when a 4000lb luxury sedan puts a whoopin' on your Viper. :eek: You're probably too busy typing your mods in your signature and applying coats of Zaino to ever participate in a race though...

What Mercedes-Benz vehicles you've recently driven? Last time I checked, I had to hit the brakes to stop, push the gas for go, and move the steering wheel to go the desired direction. I don't have that special program that allows the car to drive itself, maybe you did?

I bought my MB because I wanted something that was luxurious. I'm not going to drive my GTS as a daily driver because it's just not practical for me.

I'm sure all the VCA members on here really appriciate your "experience" with the MB product and will gauge all purchasing decisions on your genius opinions that you've provided on this thread. :rolleyes:

You don't know what a driver's car is do you? But I do applaud you for hitting the brakes to stop, pushing the gas for go, and moving the steering wheel to go the desired direction. I bet even sometimes the ESP doesn’t even kick in to slap your hand.

As for your race challenge: I accept. I am done typing my signature and I don't think my Viper can handle another coat of Zaino.... Perhaps you could rent the road course at Heartland Park?

Oh ya, I would love to see the look on my face as well! I think it will look like this: :)

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't know what a driver's car is do you? But I do applaud you for hitting the brakes to stop, pushing the gas for go, and moving the steering wheel to go the desired direction. I bet even sometimes the ESP doesn’t even kick in to slap your hand.

As for your race challenge: I accept. I am done typing my signature and I don't think my Viper can handle another coat of Zaino.... Perhaps you could rent the road course at Heartland Park?

Oh ya, I would love to see the look on my face as well! I think it will look like this: :)

Please give me the offical "drivers car" definition Mr. Roadcourse...

You still never answered my question as to what Mercedes-Benz vehicles you've driven? Did I say road course, no. I'm talking 1/4 mile, schleprock. Perhaps you could rent out Heartland Park and use your vast road course knowledge with your drivers car? :rolleyes: In the meanwhile, we'll get the crowd to "ooo" and "ahh" how well you handle your car around the track and get Car & Driver to interview you on what a drivers car really is.

Please tell me more about how my car acts. It seems you know so much about the E55, I need more. Maybe you could be an advisor for Mercedes and improve the performance to your liking? You could remove the windows, get rid of the A/C, and put side pipes on them! Yeah, that's it! That would make the car a lot more "driveable".

Just head on over to MBWorld to let them know that they should just get rid of their cars because you said so. I mean, who wants a comfortable, fast, great looking car?

I'm curious to know what your daily driver is? Is it a holocaust or a real drivers car? Or maybe a real drivers SUV or truck? :rolleyes:

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truth about mercedes benz is sad. There have been many articles in the wall st journal, fortune magazine, etc. about mercedes build quality. Mercedes Benz is in such a rush to get the newest technology into there cars without taking the time to Debug and test it. The end result is this stuff breaks and costs $$$ to fix ALL THE TIME. I had a top Mercedes Model and it was the WORST car experience of my life. The car performed well but everything always broke and went back to the dealer every month I owned it for different issues. I can't stand their product, to me its overpriced snob appeal and what you pay for is a rushed product that is claimed to be superior. The cars are NOT worth it and the only thing driving the price up is a stupid name.

When he gave you the thumbs down I hope you gave him the middle finger up!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MB have always been a old rich mans car to me. Their nice but I wouldn’t own one. I’ll buy a BMW 1st. Or Audi.

My wife was wanting an SL500. So I told her she could get one but we’d have to sell the Viper because of garage space. A few days later we jumped in the viper to check out some MB dealer. On the 15min. Drive there, we passed 5 SL500 and had 3 people give us the thumbs up on the Dodge coupe and one guy had to roll down his window and tell my wife in length, what a killer car she had. I just sat there and said honey, don’t worry, when you get the SL500 people won’t bother you like that anymore. She had a big smile on her face and said she’s never sell the Viper.
We never did make it to the MB dealer.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I see the light. I hate Mercedes now too! Thanks for all your help guys, I'm going to take it in and get a Honda Accord and just tell them "let's make it an even trade". I don't want to be an old man, nor a snob, and I don't want to take my car in to the shop eleventy-billion times per month. The name Mercedes is just stupid, it sounds stupid, and I give myself the thumbs down and middle finger.

Thanks for the great stories guys, I see the light! I knew all those magazines were something I could really depend on. Thank you Lord for Fortune Magazine, Wall St. Journal, and Celebrities Uncensored, for being the all-knowing God of truth about everything.

On a side note, I'm also trading in my GTS because this one guy told me his C4 with NOS could smoke me and his car was better. He's right, C4's with NOS rule! :headbang:

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Too Funny ! LOL......Truth is jerks come in all sizes shape and form, color, economic status etc. I have had SL's and love them, not a viper nor is it trying to be. Some folks here have had bad experience with MB, I have had nothing but praise. Thats all I drive now beside the Snake. E55 AMG is in the very near future, Love that car.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm C4 with NOS, that may be an option ;)

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't something to get that worked up over. A guy didn't like your car, so he gives you the thumbs down. Not everyone in the world is going to like your car, and the fact that they are an [******] about it is not something to worry about. The same guy probably would have given you the thumbs down from his 1989 Accord with a muffler that would fit a Mac truck, just because he's jealous of your car.

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think I was the only one with problems?

www.Mecedesproblems.com <-check out how many complaints

www.lemonMB.com

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/about_mercedes_benz_usa.php

This next one kills me. They created an entire forum like this one just for people to complain about problems with there benz's. Not what you would expect from good O'l dependable MBUSA

http://www.troublebenz.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID1&conf=DCConfID1

http://www.nagele.co.uk/ml320/mb_letter.htm

The list goes on. Sure every car manufacturer has problems but its another thing to pay $80K to 120K for a lemon from a manufacturer that prides itself on engineering and dependability and there are LOTS of MB lemons out there. FACT: They are ranked #29 in customer satisfaction and averaged 327 problems per 100 cars. (right out of JD powers 2004 report)

And for what its worth my own problem Mercedes was an E55 AMG. My family has owned a few benz's, we were once all loyal to the company. Now none of us would accept a brand new Benz even if it was given to us for free and I am dead serious about that. It takes alot to make a raving fan feel that way, just imagine what I went through with that car.

I will stand by a viper anyday, but a benz makes me ill.

The DNR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think a 302hp SL500 would be too hard to get away from. Let us know if you run across a real Benz like an SL55 or an SL65 that could actually give you some real competition.

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it makes anyone feel better I smoked one of those 55 or 65 AMGs on the freeway a summer or two ago... if I remember correctly, this is pretty much how it went.

I am on I94 by metro airport and this guy comes along side of me in his AMG with the top down, I look over, its some sort of rich guy in a suit, slightly over weight, hair looked like a wet perm blowing in the wind; anyways it was a goofy looking guy... so, while he is eating grapes from a bowl he is giving me dirty looks while he repeatedly stomps on the gas.. (looking at me like I am the **** of the earth and I am not worthly of driving next to him)

At first I dont take the bait, but after about 7 or 8 cars clear out of the way I decided to strike (a little peer pressure was all it took).

He stomped on it again, pulling away from me, I down shift from 6th to 4th.. he is still pulling on me. so I down shift again and ride 3rd from 80 to about 115.. at 120 he was at least a car behind me, after I realized what I was doing I let off and he zoomed by not letting off himself.

So I then slow down and get in the right lane as my exit is coming up and no less than 10 passed by and gave me the wave... it was fun.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it makes anyone feel better I smoked one of those 55 or 65 AMGs on the freeway a summer or two ago... if I remember correctly, this is pretty much how it went.

I am on I94 by metro airport and this guy comes along side of me in his AMG with the top down, I look over, its some sort of rich guy in a suit, slightly over weight, hair looked like a wet perm blowing in the wind; anyways it was a goofy looking guy... so, while he is eating grapes from a bowl he is giving me dirty looks while he repeatedly stomps on the gas.. (looking at me like I am the **** of the earth and I am not worthly of driving next to him)

At first I dont take the bait, but after about 7 or 8 cars clear out of the way I decided to strike (a little peer pressure was all it took).

He stomped on it again, pulling away from me, I down shift from 6th to 4th.. he is still pulling on me. so I down shift again and ride 3rd from 80 to about 115.. at 120 he was at least a car behind me, after I realized what I was doing I let off and he zoomed by not letting off himself.

So I then slow down and get in the right lane as my exit is coming up and no less than 10 passed by and gave me the wave... it was fun.
I wouldn't say one car length at 120 mph constitutes smoking somebody but if anything it was an SL55... I don't think the SL65s were out yet. An SL65 would probably take you.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I look over, its some sort of rich guy in a suit, slightly over weight, hair looked like a wet perm blowing in the wind; anyways it was a goofy looking guy... so, while he is eating grapes from a bowl he is giving me dirty looks while he repeatedly stomps on the gas.. (looking at me like I am the **** of the earth and I am not worthly of driving next to him)

Something about that picture makes me LMAO! I probably would have been laughing too hard to race.

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was laughing too... I guess he was trying to act like a big shot, who knows... it was weird. If you have ever seen Jurasic Park, the guy looked a little like the computer programmer turned bad that sold the dino-dna.

Well, maybe I cant say I "smoked" him, I dont know... pulling a car on someone from 80 to 115 is a pretty decent distance...

At the time, I had belanger headers, random tech cats, corsa cat-back, smooth tubes/k&n filters, and a short throw shifter..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery