SL500 gives me thumbs down on Freeway, complete disrespect!

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I'm pissed and if anyone here is part of the MB forum tell this Yahoo to read this post, or link it on their forum. Here goes:

I'm driving up to LA to see my brother when everyone and their mom is stepping up to me. I then have this Red SL500 on my A$$ just ******* me off. He then swerves around me and cuts me off so close he was 1 Foot! away from my bumper. So I'm like alright it's time to say what's up. A little freeway opens up and he is in front of me. We both pull into the second lane with me behind him and both gun it. From 80 I pull him by 1/2 a car length after being behind him and then half to swerve into the Fourth lane to pass an Expedition as I'm now into speed moving back around to finish at about his rear quarter panel. All he did was go in a straight line. If we both had open road I would have passed him, and this homenuts then shut's down right away and we pull next to each other and he gives me the Thumbs down. Waving his hands and dissing the Viper. He acts like he beats me!

If he goes to the Carlsbad meet in two weeks with all the supercars I will tell him to take a look in my rear Hatch. I then will tell him what time it is.

I like all cars that are done right and have something unique or special about them. It ****** me off that he sits their dissing the Viper. I will be Roe Supercharged this year and no-one (except vellow Viper owners) will ever talk smack. And if that's good enough (although it is with NX) then Twin Turbs away.

On a good note I had a group of good motorcycle riders come up and surround me. One did a brake stand and stood up on his bike looking into my Hatch (you can see the bottle). He came around to the side of me and gave a head nod and then they were off. That was respect.

Sorry just had to rant, the SL looked like an 03' os something. I know it's fast and I planned to give him a thumbs up, but he was an **** instead.

Everyone in Viper nation mod away.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about him, he's got SPS.

(small penis syndrome)

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no respect for later model MBs.

There "incredible" :rolleyes: technology is killing the art of driving. And I have never meet a "real" car guy who owned a newer one (meet a couple who owned the classic MBs :2tu: )

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, when everyone and their mom is stepping up to me.

Self-respect is validated by some ya-hoo doing a wheelie and giving you a thumbs up because you have some bottles in your hatch? Congrats :)

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he goes to the Carlsbad meet in two weeks with all the supercars I will tell him to take a look in my rear Hatch. I then will tell him what time it is.

There you go with that bottle thing again......
Spray away.........:)

OP
OP
B

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I just might spray myself to the big guy in sky, or is it in ???

You would like it.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I just might spray myself to the big guy in sky, or is it in ???

You would like it.

Whatever gets your rocks off! I hope your car isn't the same one that spends time after time sitting strapped to dyno with the dyno sheets plastered to the windshield in the hopes that they make it to the 1/8 parking lot drag strip before you do :) Spray away 1/8 miler :)

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He sounds like an a$$. If you see him again, just ask if he wants to race for cash, then show him who's boss with a shot of NOS!

I had a guy with a Z28 w/150 shot bragging how he would beat me in my Cobra which was a month old an stock at the time. I saw him again about 5 months later and he wouldn't race me after I told him I had a power adder too now (SC).

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Vic. When are you getting to the track again?

As soon as I can afford some new tires! We have almost $1M outstanding A/R, but collecting it is hard and time consuming. Maybe I'll have to go dumpster diving....

Hopefully, late this year I will have a dedicated mid-engine track car, with a full roll cage.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There "incredible" :rolleyes: technology is killing the art of driving. And I have never meet a "real" car guy who owned a newer one (meet a couple who owned the classic MBs :2tu: )

Yeah, who wants to own a stupid Mercedes. :rolleyes: I bet the guy has a really small penis if he's got a MB & a Viper...whoa, would hate to be him. ;)

That's like me saying...

"Who would own a GEN I Viper? You would have to be the stupidest person on the planet to own a GEN I. I have never met a "real" car guy who owned a GEN I."

See? Not very nice. I think you'll find that many Viper owners also own a Mercedes-Benz product. In fact, I can think of 5+ on this board right off the top of my head. Just because some people are asses to you, doesn't mean you should generalize all Mercedes owners. So, think before you post next time, skippy.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this the post of a grown man or a ***** on a playground wining about something that doesn't really matter?

It sounds like the same elitist bullshat I hear at some of the Porsche & Ferrari forums. It's the same attitude that caused me to stop going to PCNA functions, the "we're better than they are" BS.

I guess all the cars I see when I drive home after work aren't "real" cars. What BS.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people are just Ass*s! Forget about him until you see him again, and then just make sure you Smack Him!
Then smile and Flip him off! :p

OP
OP
B

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about this and let me clarify some things.

First we as in my wife and I own a Benz, and I do think it is a great car.

I brought up the NX because of the way he acted. My first post was the pc friendly version. I live in San Diego the traffic gets bad here, and I also drive up to LA once a month now because my brother has cancer. Now the point is I'm used to people cutting me off, no big deal you have to learn to let things go and I'm actually a very mellow person. But this guy first rode up behind me so close I could'nt see his headlights. Then he gets irritated because I did'nt do anything (and really had no need to) so he then pulls into lane two and passes me to then cut me off. When I said he cut me off by a foot that was'nt really true. He cut me off so close it was inches and at 80 mph it made my damn heart skip a beat. There was absolutly no reason for him to do this except try and irritate me. It's like someone walking on the street and pushing you to taunt you. Hey some people take that others don't, I'm one that will take it the first time but the second time their going down. So then after I move to get around him simply because I don't want to deal with this anymore and tell him what's up this is when he guns it again.

So all in all I actually don't like street racing but sometimes it actually is hard to avoid. I know some of you on this board understand what I mean. In regards to my car, I have owned it for 4-5 month's now. I bought this and found out it was apparently a show car before. It has a huge custom sound system including 2 10's in a special box made for the rear hatch. Then the NX bottle is mounted on top of that in a "displayed" manner. If you are a car fan and even a Viper fan those that see it will probably agree it's pretty cool.

This is why the guy on the Bike noticed it and everyone else does that is in anything but a sedan. Remember I did'nt ask for the guy too notice it, I don't care if he does or not. But in my book yes a head nod is a sign of respect, as do most people think so.

Now Redsled first off the car has not been dynoed. Secondly It does not seem like you understood what my post is about. With all these topics reagarding the new ZO6, now a Lexus supercar, what HP is the new GTS, plus seeing how this guy and his "GR8SL" license plate acted. My point is that Vipers are not as respected as they were. You probably don't care. But for me I don't like second place (actually you probably don't either seeing how you have done so well on the track). And I have bought the car to drive it on the street and track. I'm a driver, not some dyno queen, how lame is that. Especially thinking I would stick my dyno numbers on my windows. You should know more about a Viper owner before you cut up on them like that.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...A little freeway opens up and he is in front of me. We both pull into the second lane with me behind him and both gun it. From 80 I pull him by 1/2 a car length after being behind him and then half to swerve into the Fourth lane to pass an Expedition as I'm now into speed moving back around to finish at about his rear quarter panel..... If we both had open road I would have passed him, and this homenuts then shut's down right away and we pull next to each other and he gives me the Thumbs down....

Maybe he gave you thumbs down because he thought you were driving like an idiot?

Seriously - maybe he didn't think you were racing. Maybe he was trying to get away from you - lots of people cut people off not thinking they did anything wrong. Maybe he thought your driving was dangerous and aggressive and he wanted to get the hell away from you?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even worry about bozo's like that. Who cares what that ******* thinks. By the way a SL500 is NO match for a any stock Viper much less one with button. I took my B/W out the other day and people were really cool. Never had anything like that happen.

OP
OP
B

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just cruising on the freeway at 80 like everyone else does in the first lane. I don't drive like an idiot usually, only on full moons ;) .

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in SoCal, ya gotta be careful who ya play with on the freeways. Road rageis very popular out here. Although difficult, it's best not to be taunted into "I'm faster than you" gestures on our crowded freeways. I'm in L.A and our freeways ****; so do yours in S.D. When I'm in my GTS, I just get into my own world and forget about the others out there. I know what I got for power and I certainly don't need to waste a quick race or lane jockying event to prove that to any other driver and risk a ticket or an accident. Just not worth it. There's plenty of roads where I play around and minimize those risks. A crowded freeway is not the place.

Easier said than done????

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this the post of a grown man or a ***** on a playground wining about something that doesn't really matter?

It sounds like the same elitist bullshat I hear at some of the Porsche & Ferrari forums. It's the same attitude that caused me to stop going to PCNA functions, the "we're better than they are" BS.

I guess all the cars I see when I drive home after work aren't "real" cars. What BS.

LOL I have never been called an Elitist before.........especially from someone defending MBs. If you knew me you would understand how funny that comment is. Perhaps you could come to Kansas, hell I will buy you a beer. We can talk about how elitist I am. :)

I wasn’t generalizing the people that drive MBs....just telling of my experiences. I do feel the technology in MBs is signaling the coming of the "driver’s" car holocaust. And feel if there was ever the opposite of a "driver’s" car MBs would be them. (I am going to get flamed for that) Try to remember that’s just an opinion. :)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, I took care of that red MB ...
This is what left of the car after I hit him with my Hummer:

sl500.jpg

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole road rage thread is really stupid. You both acted like idiots. I'm just glad my wife and kids were not in the Expedition. My 15 year old daughter starts driving in 5 months and I pray daily that she avoids people that drive like you described.

So all in all I actually don't like street racing but sometimes it actually is hard to avoid.

Give me a break. It's called your right foot and it only does what you tell it to.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to admit... sometimes I will lay on the gas and take it into triple digits on an OPEN stretch of road if some ass is tailgating me. I had this happen after taking delivery of my 996 turbo... going 65mph in a 55 zone and some ass in a pickup gets right on my ass for about 1.5 miles. I would slow down to 45 mph and he would still be right on my tail. At that point, I laid into it and took it well over 110 to lose him. Who knows what kind of lunatics are out on the roads. I would risk a ticket rather than be a victim.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Chuck and Leadsled, you got a PM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456