Slotted/Drilled Rotors on Ebay...

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are they good? Anyone here purchased rotors thru ebay?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read that drilled rotors don't yield any benefits (other than as a poser mod) to Vipers, and are more prone to cracking. Plain slotted rotors will give you better performance than stock without the safety concerns.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want see the fast guys running drilled rotors at the track - they crack like crazy.
They hold up OK on the street but they really are a looking good thing.
Why even run slotted rotors on the street.
Slots are there to eliminate gas - on the street you shouldn't be generating gas, you ain't gonna get the brakes that hot. The slots are simply going to shorten your pad life

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slots are there to eliminate gas

I thought they were there to eliminate the dust buildup as the pad presses against the rotor. Like when you rub your arm and get a thin roll of old skin/dirt. The slot allows a place for this old dust to go while the pad continues pressing.

Dunno. Gas or dust, both seem logical.

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now what happens when you rub your arm Chuck? You say your old skin rolls up along with some dirt? You know they have a fix for that! It's called a shower. Check around in your house, I bet you have one or two. :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now what happens when you rub your arm Chuck? You say your old skin rolls up along with some dirt? You know they have a fix for that! It's called a shower. Check around in your house, I bet you have one or two. :D

Shower? Huh?

OP
OP
N

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I will not be tracking my car but more of a poser :p

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drilled are Ok for the street but not for the track except... Porsche factory rotors that are drilled actually have the holes cast in, same for Ferrari. They hold up much better than drilled rotors as having them cast in tend to stress relieve them. There is supposedly a slight reduction in unsprung weight for race cars with light suspension and wheel components but it would be a negligible benefit for the street. The do look better though. For the sreet, go for slotted rotors unless your just looking for the "Look".

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck - pads get hot - pads give off gas. I'm sure with all your track experience you've jumped on the brakes when they are really hot and for a split second they didn't bite - thats gas - mean time the car just went 10-15 before the brakes kicked in and you missed that apex.

Personally I think the pad manufacturers invented this story of "gas" - those slots sure to wear out them pads faster.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Bought a set off ebay that were dimpled/slotted for @ $250 ans have tracked the car several times without any issues. They only have afew tiny surface cracks from heat, but none worse than my stock rotors were, the new ones actually look better with twice as many track days on them.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way good prices mean CHINA.

Not putting my **** in their hands!

That's not the kind of thing you want to go cheap on!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte