SlowCreamPuff ran 12.3@118

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an appointment to make, so I only did one run.
frown.gif

Too bad that I couldn't get a good launch on my only run. I didn't know I have mastered the hop&bog launch technique.
laugh.gif

There is 11's in my SlowCreamPuff...
tongue.gif

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey those are great numbers. Now trot on over to ZO6vette.com and post there (just kidding) because there is a guy who says that Vipers can't pull trap speeds close to 120mph. Hmmmm He has a buddy that has an 01 GTS that runs 115 mph and he is convinced that no stock viper can run 120 mph trap speeds. Oh how some can believe what they want. hahahaa

Congrats. Think what it would do if you had 3.54 gearing and better traction.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a perfect launch on a well-prepped track, you can see a 1.8 sec short time on the Pilot Sports. That two-tenths of short time (relative to your 2.0) will translate into about three tenths of ET, for a 12.0. You will need to come up with more mph to see the 11's, but if you've never drag raced your Viper yet, you should be able to accomplish that with faster shifting.

Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the very first run down the 1/4-mile...
redface.gif

The 2.0 60' is not the whole story... For some reason, after the wheel hops stopped, the car bogged for a little bit. I believe the 330' time probably shows that.

The stock shifter is way too long throw for me... In fact, I almost missed 3rd. I am going with the MGW shift "knob". I hope that's going to help.

Any good aftermarket shifters out there?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.3 at 118 is not bad for your first run ever in your stock Viper (it is stock, isn't it?). Heck, SoCal Rebell is still running in that range in his modified '00!!!
laugh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken