SlowCreamPuff Report (Warning: Kitty References)

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I need help posting photos... Who can I e-mail them to? Can someone help me post them please? Thanks.

The Amazing
- The driving experience. It's not a single factor. It's the combined effect of driving a Viper. When I am driving the car, I feel like I am in a world where everything is great. Owning and driving a Viper is quite possibly the most fun one can have w/o the company of **** kitten(s).
- Looking at the car. I still cannot stop looking at my car. It's truly beautiful. It doesn't look like a car, it looks like a dream. It's just like those **** kittens that I cannot stop staring at, even if it means getting into trouble.
- Woodhouse. Bob, Bill, Nancy, and everyone I talked to at Woodhouse are great. I am glad that they didn't get offended by my twisted humor. They did a fabulous job installing the Corsa 3" exhaust.

The Good
- Steering. It's probably a combination of steering rack ratio, tires, chassis, suspension, steering wheel, etc. I just love how it feels. Like real ones, they feel great, just the opposite of silicone
- Engine. I really use the rpm, but there is absolutely no sign of burning oil.
- Suspension/Chassis/Ride. Very little body roll, yet comfy ride. The chassis feels solid (see the unthinkable though). The car just stays planted and hugs the road.
- Exhaust. Looks and sounds great. Let's see if it's enough to depuff my car. I will probably put it on a dyno shortly.
- Headlights. I am surprised at how bright they are. A refreshing touch.
- Color. Very very classy. Too bad that the photos don't really tell the true story.
- Burning nice kitties legs. With those exposed legs in short skirts, all it takes is a little 'oops'. Being the polite person that I am, I always open the door for my passengers (alright, only pretty ones wearing short skirts). Since I am such a caring person, I had to hold and make sure her leg is okay after the contact. Unfortunately, my eyes never move up far enough to make eye contact because they got distracted by something else. Of course, after one burn, I need to make sure it doesn't happen again. So, I ask her to wait until I get over to the passenger side. Squat down and gently guide her legs with my hands protecting her from potential burn!

The Bad
- Interior heat. I thought the twin-turbo generated a lot of heat, but the Viper is actually hotter in the foot well.
- 120+mph acceleration. Must be the aerodynamics. It feels like there is only 450 baby horses. On the other hand, my SOTP is probably not working properly. Must be those sharp little claws...
- mpg. I have been getting 11 to 13. Who cares, right?
- Burning nice kitties legs. If I ran the car really hard, the burn can be painful. But then, who knows what they like anyway.
- Can't stop driving. After driving 1700 miles to get home, I thought I would have had enough... Nah, I put another 500 miles on since I got home Saturday afternoon.

The Unthinkable
- The crack. My driver side door cracked! I won't try to describe where. I hope I can get the photos posted. If not, I will e-mail them to someone who can help me post them. I can only think of 2 reasons. One is the chassis flexed enough to allow the contact, which seems very very unlikely. I am driving the car the way it was meant to be driven, but I doubt it's any harder than what you guys do... The other is the door hinge or the mounting is loose, but I checked it and found it to be tight.
- 3rd & 4th. WOT in 3rd, you have enough time for a coffee before you have to shift to 4th. Once you are in 4th, my right hand can get busy playing w/ kitty passenger before having to shift (if there is even enough road).

The Trip Home
- SD ticket. I was getting close to Montana, but I couldn't help but went over the speed limit. It's just not possible to drive a Viper slow.
- Montana. It was the driving highlight of the trip. For some reason, I "didn't see" speed limit. So I use the WOTCC (WOT cruise control).
- Awesome mountain roads and weather. Great weather all the way back, with some truly awesome mountain roads. It's not possible to be good. I am so lucky that I didn't get caught and put in jail.
- Nice kitties. No elaboration needed.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The heat is horrible. I drove mine to Chi-Town after I got my GTS. I just cant turn on the A/C for it truly is a windows-down car. I was almost mad that more wind doesnt get into the car at high speeds.

I am putting on high flow cats this week. Ill let you know if it cuts down on the heat. I think its supposed to.

Thats just like Dodge though. Instead of redoing the exhaust right. They left all the side pipe stuff in the side sills and ran the exhaust back into the middle of the car.

Oh well. I guess thats how they keep cost down.

G

Sorry about your door.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's some of Mike's Pics:

First of all, WOW! What a beautiful car! Pickup was easy:

You must be registered for see images

..and the ride home was obviously beautiful!

..even made some visits

...and he made it home safe ..... he thought!

..but discovered this:

...here's another view, after "bandaid":

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check to see if the the edge of the door touches the hood when the front of the hood is popped up. Stand outside the car with the hood in that position and carefully open the door while watching that area for contact. This might be the culprit.

Enjoy the car!

Steve Theodore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Looks like you can update your sig now...you've already got the car! ;)

Steve T.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlowC5:
The spot where the hood is hit by the door actually moves away from the door.
crying.gif
Also, the hood where it was hit is also exactly where it would have been if the chassis flexed enough.
crying.gif

I actually went with a Corvette cruise this Sunday. Parked in between 41 Corvettes...

I was going to title the photo "Cream Puff Between Poodles". But now, it's "Cream Puff Bitten By Poodles".
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The spot where the hood is hit by the door actually moves away from the door.
crying.gif
Also, the hood where it was hit is also exactly where it would have been if the chassis flexed enough.
crying.gif

I actually went with a Corvette cruise this Sunday. Parked in between 41 Corvettes...

I was going to title the photo "Cream Puff Between Poodles". But now, it's "Cream Puff Bitten By Poodles".
laugh.gif