Sneaky Peat is Alive

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanted to share the photos of the under hood insulator I painted this afternoon

Before
10215Before.jpg

Red coat
10215During.jpg

Red taped ready for silver
10215During_2.jpg

After
10215After-med.jpg

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Work! I guess the fabric and Vinyl paint will be fine in the heat.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet, very nice :2tu:

did your sons help? show them this so they know what it looks like installed. :D

6041PICT0065PP-med.JPG

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The silver is high heat paint but I couldn't find a red I liked in that brand so I asked my painter friend and he said it would be okay so I guess I will find out :2tu:

A better shot.

10215Sneaky_Peat-med.jpg

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet, very nice :2tu:

did your sons help? show them this so they know what it looks like installed. :D

6041PICT0065PP-med.JPG

Looking good Tom :2tu: and yes they helped shake the paint as they were rollerblading and driving their RC cars and my daughter read me a story for school to keep me company
;)

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do all vipers come from the factory with a hood pad? My 94 doesn't have one and I don't know if it was taken off by the original owner(i'm 2nd owner) or if it never came with one.

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do all vipers come from the factory with a hood pad? My 94 doesn't have one and I don't know if it was taken off by the original owner(i'm 2nd owner) or if it never came with one.

I can’t answer that one and I'm sure someone here will but take a glance and see if you have the holes under your hood that would receive the ‘Christmas trees’ :2tu:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a lame question: when you removed the pad did you pull the plastic clips from the hood as well? Are they reusable? How did you remove them?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are the same clips that come in the fascia. If that's correct....you can not reuse them. They are cheap and can be found at most auto parts stores. I removed mine using a small putty knife. Just put the blade under the head of the clip and hit the back of the handle with the palm of your hand to shear the head of the clip off.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Old English Minor coming out in me, so.............

Peat, as in Peat Moss, is often harvested and burned as fuel in Ireland and England, for instance.

Sneaky Pete, does burn alot of fuel, but I just don't see him as an Irish Bog.

No harm intended.

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a lame question: when you removed the pad did you pull the plastic clips from the hood as well? Are they reusable? How did you remove them?

There is a clip removing tool (foot tool) that is a small pry bar that gets under the head and pulls the clip (Christmas tree) out. You can salvage them, as your body shop would, unless you break one but they are cheap enough to replace it's just finding the parts store that carries one this large.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I did mine a while back I did broke some of the clip and couldn't find it anywhere. I called the wizard and he sent me some. Don't remember how much I paid. If you are careful enough you might get lucky not to break any.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once they are removed, they will never hold the same. I found them at my local NAPA store and also someone else said they found them at Lowe's.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, I thought from the title that we had some type of grass that was sneaky.

:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950