So How Long Do Your Pads Last?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I started something about this last year and thought maybe it was just the first set and they were defective but yet again it seems to be starting again. Since I changed the pads last time at 19,224 miles, I am at 65% Rear and 55% Front and I now have about 30,900 miles on the car. After just about 10,000 miles I have used almost 1/2 of my pad life??? Is this unusual? I do drive around the city most of the time but give me a break.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the pedal to the right instead! :D

Seriously, I think it's your driving style. Didn't you also have clutch wear issues? Perhaps, you should show one of us how you drive during the next cruise.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey these are the perils you face when you lead the pack my friend :) ))))))) I would say in general not accounting for what type pad you run.With the weight of our cars if you get 10,000 miles and have a half of pad left you are doing just fine .

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey these are the perils you face when you lead the pack my friend :) ))))))) I would say in general not accounting for what type pad you run.With the weight of our cars if you get 10,000 miles and have a half of pad left you are doing just fine .

Chuck up above gets much better life in his and he races that VIPER!!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's how you drive! Now if those were "Citysnake" brakes, they would look like new!! :rolleyes: [Grandma :D ]
WRONG Mr. T. I was just about to post that I have YET to replace mine at 28,000 miles! They last because I'm always on the GO pedal! See! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302