SoCal Vipers...Crystal Cove...Will be on TV

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every saturday morning at Crystal Cove hot rodders of all makes just show up and congregate to show off their car or just hang out. Cars of all makes from high end exotics to muscle cars to rare collectibles are in attendence. Barry Meguiar of Meguiars car products is a regular at this event. He has a tv show as we all know called "Car Crazy". On September 20th he will be shooting his show from Crystal Cove.
Lets get everyone together and have a strong Viper showing for this show. You have to get there early. Currently if you are not there by 6:30am you wont get a prime spot and will have to park on the outer edges of the shopping center. For this event lets get there even earlier show we can line up together and show 'em who rules!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
(That's just North of Laguna Beach)

I'll be there, and we hope to see lots of other Viper owners turn out.

OP
OP
N

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Generally if you are not there by 6:30 its hard to park in the prime areas. There will still be parking but it is on the outskirts. With this much attension the to get together I think it would be wise to get there between 5:30-6:00 if we were to all park together. They do not allow you to save spots. Its first come first serve. Then it is all over about 9:00-9:30. Its a great time, there is usually alot of celebrities that show up also. Dan Gurny, Jay Leno, there was one of the three original Batmobiles, there was a McClaren F1. All sorts of neat stuff and neat people come out.
I know its early, real early, but that is whats cool about it. Your on the road, no one else is, it sits right on the coast, beautiful scenery overlooking the ocean, nothin but a bunch of enthusiasts sharing a common interest. Its like the rest of the world doesnt exist. Then come 8:30-9:00ish your back on the road or back home when the rest of the world is just waking. Its like you stole some extra time out of life that no one else could.
I will end with that before you think I am getting a little too freaky. ( Im sure Vic will have some input on this freaky stuff).

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, and anyone else interested, I was reluctant to attend due to the "extremely" early time. Coming all the way from Riverside is about an hour drive and means a 5:00 revile. After going my first time a couple of weeks ago I can testify that it's nothing short of worth it. To see all the outstanding cars in one place and at NO cost is phenomenal.

Art

Reaction score
Let's find out how many "Early Birds" we really have. Why don't we meet at the Hard Rock Cafe parking lot at 5:30A, which is just a little North of Crystal Cove at MacArthur and PCH (Fashion Island). I suggest we leave there at 5:45A for this. I can email the entire SoCal membership, and maybe we can have a fairly large turnout.

What do you all think????

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Freaky? I think the Batmobile is just about as freaky as it has gotten!

When did Jay Leno show up? Don't tell me it was on the 30th!

I'll be watching for email from Greg and Melanie, if we are all going to meet at the Hard Rock cafe. That might help us all stage our cars together, arriving at Crystal Cove at the same time.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll be at Laguna Seca on the 6th, catch you next time.

Josiah Gross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys this sounds like a great oppertunity to meet some more of the local Viper Club gang and see a bunch of great cars. I'd love to car pool with some one up to Laguna from San Diego. I'll pitch in for gas and/or food. I even have riding refrences. (back me up paul) I'd meet you at your place or close to for your convience. Any one game or know of some one game for a great riding partner speak up!! Thanks VCA!!

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Niz, so far we have 4 cars coming from the SD area, we're meeting at 4:45AM at the park&ride on the 76West just off the 15 North, for anyone else to meet up with us. Dave

OP
OP
N

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Dave.

Who from SoCal is coming?? Lets get a head count.

Greg...Are we still meeting at Hard Rock Cafe??

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be in Patuxent River MD sad to say. Work Related!

See Vic you're not the only one who has to work.

I am trying to swing the Willow Springs TCRA track day though. I know MY priorities. :D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is everyone still going?

Anyone driving up from LA/Valley that wants to meet up?

And is the meeting place still the Hard rock cafe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi