Sold My ACR - Farewell?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II's are history for me. Loved the car for a few years but grew tired of it - just looked so dated to me. A classic with amazing styling and giant nuts just no longer to my liking.

I'm also disheartened over the lack of a Gen III coupe. I'm starting to warm to the SRT-10, but I'm not head over heels in love with the car. Still, it's a possibility.

I've toyed with the idea of Ford GT but spending 100 large in juice (aka the right to buy the car) is just plain stupid. A 1500 car build just doesn't justify it. I'm OK with the sticker price, but screw the juice. Besides, the SRT-10 is comparable in performance for ~ 1/2 the price.

Corvettes - A dime a dozen - Z06's included.
Ferrari - I grew up in So. Phila. I just couldn't pull it off.
NSX - No balls, bland and unexciting.
911 Turbo - A gentlemen's car; bad fit.

You get the picture? I'm talking myself out of everything except a Gen III Viper which I want but in a coupe.

So, with all that said, what's a person to do? Hold out for a Gen III coupe? Does anyone know if hell is scheduled to freeze over in the next 6 months?

I just bought a Ducati 999 so I'll be occupied for a couple of months, but just a couple. In the Fall, I'll be chompin at the bit.

DC - I want a Gen III Coupe. Please help!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you want a GenIII coupe .. hold out for what you want.
it will happen.. it has to.. just a matter of time.

my 2 cents. By next fall!

That way DC can say we has 3 model years of the convert only.Time for the coupe and convert.
sort of the like in 96 when the gts came out along side an improved rt/10.

keep us posted of you pick.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep hearing that a genIII coupe will be unveiled at VOI 8. I would hold out till then. If not, I've been very happy with the SRT. The looks grow on you tremendously if it's not love at first site and it pulls like a locomotive but with stupendous brakes. I also like the top down option for a change. If you really want another coupe though, try to hold on till Sept.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Joe, say it ain't so!

Here's the bottom line....

As you said, there STILL isn't ANY supercar anywhere in the neighborhood of the bang for the buck, and the exclusivity appeal of any of our 3 generations of Snakes!

I don't think you'll last 'til "the coupe" arrives! Hmmmm, maybe it's time to change your screen name to "SRT-10 Joe"?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe..all the best..hope you find something you like. I still think the GTS is just about the baddest looking car on the planet.

Here's a thought to keep your "car fix" until the SRT coupe. (If it ever happens.) 2003 or 2004 Mustang Cobra. They are officially out of production but there are plenty around. I drive mine every day. 390 horse from the factory. I saw a Cobra last Saturday night that only had a pulley swap, Bassani exhaust and dyno tune. 478 HP. It surely isn't a Viper...but it's still a blast. Sticker price is right around $35,000.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding right? The GTS outdated? Are you feeling alright? The GTS will NEVER be outdated! It is a rare timeless vehicle. Just be patient you will get your SRT-Coupe soon.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, the GTS is timeless. The SRT, although it has been growing on me will look dated in the future.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the SRT now, and trade it in on the SRT Coupe, which even if it is unvieled this fall, it will likely be another year before it will hit your garage

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a mint 97 Porsche Twin Turbo air cooled...(last of breed) 650 rwhp all wheel drive? Here in my backyard.....Talk about hooking up....has tons of pull

Car is all yellow...

Dave :D

S

SUN RA KAT

How about a mint 97 Porsche Twin Turbo air cooled...(last of breed) 650 rwhp all wheel drive? Here in my backyard.....Talk about hooking up....has tons of pull

Car is all yellow...

Dave :D

Does that mean Yellow Porsches are faster, too? :headbang:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry ACR JOE. Your 5 piont harnesses will live on in my 2000 GTS.
Thanks again.

p.s. have you looked at the BMW Z8? It's no Viper, but it may hold you till your next Viper comes along.

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said the car looked "dated to me", not outdated. That's a personal feeling and not a styling or market reality.

I was trying to smoke out DC on the Gen III Coupe issue. I have no intention of leaving the Viper community. I settle on my new home in June, will play with the V-Rod and Ducati 999 over the summer, attend VOI8 in the fall and buy a Gen III whatever immediately thereafter.

Whatever your preference (RT-10, GTS, SRT-10) nothing out there matches up to a Viper. To me, the Viper is the ultimate expression of exotic American muscle!

Hi Andrew, Matt, Joe, all others.

Thanks for expressing your opinions and input.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny, LOL yea , this one is a REAL honker with AWD!!! OK, all yellow Porsches are the fastest!!! :D :D :D

Dave

Dave if you keep talking about porsches we're going to blow on by your exit going up to Tator's. :D

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<You get the picture? I'm talking myself out of everything except a Gen III Viper which I want but in a coupe.>

-I was the same way, but I decided to buy the SRT-10 and drive it until the coupe comes out, then buy the coupe and sell or trade in the SRT10. The SRT10 will give you some fun and keep your driving skills honed before the coupe arrives

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala