Some Pics Of My RT/10 with Powder Coated Wheels

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was going to change my wheels but cant afford to do it at this time. It then hit me I should just have my stock wheels powder coated gloss black. I like it!:D

Attachments

• car 001.jpg
    car 001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 196
  • car 002.jpg
    car 002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 134
  • car 007.jpg
    car 007.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 148

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A subtle yellow stripe around the edge of thost rims will really break up the darkness you've got going on in there. I was gonna photoshop one to check it out but I didnt have the time before work. Maybe someone could do that for you... Im interested to see it as well.

:usa:

OP
OP
V

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was talking the black strips down the center of the car:D If you saw the wheels in person you would agree that they look great the way they are. I dont think I would like a yellow stripe on the wheels. It looks like a race car the way it is now. The way a Viper should look:drive::2tu:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like black wheels and dislike chrome wheels on a sports car. I would be interested to see how well the powder coat holds up on top of chrome.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how well the powder coat holds up on top of chrome.

Huh? The stock wheels are not chrome, but clear coated. And that was likely scuffed before the powder if not completely stripped.

Anyway, the car looks great in the pics. Wonder what black hood vents would look like... :hmmm:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like black wheels and dislike chrome wheels on a sports car. I would be interested to see how well the powder coat holds up on top of chrome.

Like Dave said, they are not chrome, they are polished aluminum. Which is a great look for sports cars because it's function - polished aluminum is the easiest to inspect for cracks and heat.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking the black strips down the center of the car:D If you saw the wheels in person you would agree that they look great the way they are. I dont think I would like a yellow stripe on the wheels. It looks like a race car the way it is now. The way a Viper should look:drive::2tu:

How about adding a single black stripe in vinyl like the late version of the ACR :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had them done through a friend of a friend. They completely stripped them. They them put 2 coats of black and then a clear coat. I also had them sand the face of sneaky pete then clear that. Best of all it was $55 a wheel to have done! One of the cheapest, yet best looking mods I have done to the car. Thanks for all the input so far, but I just love the solid black wheels. If I do stripe the car, it will be 2 black ones like the factory does on the GTS.

Last edited:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOOKS 100 times better than regular stock wheels...awesome! You should consider, like some already mentioned, just simply adding a thin stripe on the edge of the wheel. You can simply go to a car shop and get some yellow pin strip wheel and apply...it is the easiest way to spice them up.

Here are a couple of examples of what I did with a set of CCW's...made a world of a difference. I tried it on my Z06 as well and liked the final result.

I used to have the stock chrome wheels, and while they were in excellent shape, it was simply too much bling for me...I really disliked them. I actually did not enjoy driving the car because of them...after I changed the looks of the wheels, I drove the car a LOT more.

Here is what they looked like before, just in plain jane black.
You must be registered for see images

And here is how different they will look by adding a little color to the edge. I think yellow would look awesome.

Eventually I bit the bullet and dropped it and added some HREs :)

Both the Viper wheels and the Z06's wheels were done using the pinstriping that I was telling you about (about $ 5 investment and 5 minutes per wheel to apply). To date, I have yet to find a set of wheels for the Z06 in stock sizes that weigh less and that look good - without having to pay $8k for...so until then, these are staying.

Look how the color breaks when you add the stripe. Here is a before while the wheels are on the car (I liked it but I wanted to add a little break)...

And here is after...I was VERY happy with the results...

The stripe will look much nicer especially when the car is rolling...it adds a little break in the color...
...on the highway...or at any speeds...LOL :drive:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A subtle yellow stripe around the edge of thost rims will really break up the darkness you've got going on in there. I was gonna photoshop one to check it out but I didnt have the time before work. Maybe someone could do that for you... Im interested to see it as well.
:usa:

That would make these wheels look REALLY good....:2tu:

OP
OP
V

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Better pic of car and wheels! If anyone wants to see an even larger pic feel free to P.M. me your email and ill send you a couple pics.

Attachments

• 1-0310.jpg
    1-0310.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion you wheels look great just the way they are and you should leave them alone. the racer stripe around the edge of the wheels is played out and will make your wheels look smaller. The solid black makes your wheels and tires flow together and creates a much more menacing look. Think of all the LP640's that have come with solid black 18" wheels...they look awesome...and adding a stripe never made them look any better.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the no wheel stripe crowd there venomis. but I do think that something is still missing. the all black wheels seem to dissappear underneath the massive yellowness of the car. I think you are on the right track in that adding some black stripes on the car would make the black wheels flow better with the car as a whole.

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks really good. I think the wheels really pull out the black Viper emblems on the side now, too. Have you considered blacking out the windows now?

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
interesting timing for this thread, as i am having a blue stripe put on my all black wheels. Blue SRT with black stripe.I am having the stripe painted.....TAILWAG- exactly what kind of pinstriping did you use? Where do you get it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456