Somebody Got a Great Buy

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the marks on the trunk carpet in the middle. Could there have been a NOS bottle there at one time?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a great deal but there are a few more good ones out there if you look. There is a regular red one on there for $69K BIN with 752 miles, and quite a few GEN IIIs on there with no reserve. Right now, if you have cash, CASH IS KING! I have seen sub $100K Gallardos, F430s for mid $100s and more and more. This is insaine! You can get just about anything you want within reason now. It is scary.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow...I would have bought that in a heartbeat. I am looking for a good deal on an 08. Wish I had seen it...venom red and all.:omg::omg:

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know Venom red is less desirable color but at that price I would have bough in a heartbeat. Someone got a great deal:2tu:

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was someone here running NOS in their '08....

You guys assume too much....how do you know it wasn't some old lady that only drove it to church on Sundays, and that mark was from her oxygen bottle:dunno:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great buy

The 08 Venom Red with nos is a vert that is listed in the classified.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice price on a less desirable color. Dealers that I know have told me that they had a difficult time selling the Venom Red cars.

Good time to be a buyer for sure!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car market is terrible right now for everything.

If you want to see live evidence, look at the Barrett Jackson auction in Las Vegas. I watched it last night, jaw dropping prices. If I had consigned a car there I'd pull it out immediately.

If you've got cash, there are amazingly great deals!!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car market is terrible right now for everything.

If you want to see live evidence, look at the Barrett Jackson auction in Las Vegas. I watched it last night, jaw dropping prices. If I had consigned a car there I'd pull it out immediately.

If you've got cash, there are amazingly great deals!!!

i saw the same thing last night.

how about that monster trike thingy? the builder LOST HIS A*S on that thing! you could tell by the look on his face that he wasnt happy.

i thought it was neat, but i have no idea what you are suppose to do with it.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure it was a shill bidder. It will probably still for sale. Seller will use the excuse that buyer couldn't come up with the money. Just wait and see. Happens all the time. Seller is just protecting them selfs. :dunno:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure it was a shill bidder. It will probably still for sale. Seller will use the excuse that buyer couldn't come up with the money. Just wait and see. Happens all the time. Seller is just protecting them selfs. :dunno:

Spoke with the dealer today and was told that the car was sold any they were just waiting on the deposit so this must be good so far. Yes the buyer can default but if it was a shill bid I would have been told that it is still available or they are open to offers.

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I called and supposedly the story is the guy is getting a divorce and his lawyer advised him to sell it no matter what the loss. 27k later someone else is the owner of a very nice Viper. Great deal for the buyer, not so much the seller who got it around MSRP. :(

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I called and supposedly the story is the guy is getting a divorce and his lawyer advised him to sell it no matter what the loss. 27k later someone else is the owner of a very nice Viper. Great deal for the buyer, not so much the seller who got it around MSRP. :(

I have heard that story before! A friend of mine had a very wealthy client who sold her husbands Mercedes SL500 for $1.00 (was brand new at the time) so that her husband would not get it in the divorce. Divorce sometimes brings out the worst in people!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that story before! A friend of mine had a very wealthy client who sold her husbands Mercedes SL500 for $1.00 (was brand new at the time) so that her husband would not get it in the divorce. Divorce sometimes brings out the worst in people!

Husband leaves a note saying," Hey I've run off with my secretary .. sell the Viper for whatever you can get and we'll split it:

Wife sells it for $1

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Husband leaves a note saying," Hey I've run off with my secretary .. sell the Viper for whatever you can get and we'll split it:

Wife sells it for $1

what were the odds of this? i hear of this happening atleast once a year around here!

and all this time i thought it was just an IL thing? :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth