soon to be buyer questions (a little long)

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
like some others I've been hanging around learning for quite sometime. got the bug back when I saw a yellow RT/10 in Sarasota that I believe was bought by Viper Baz.
Current ride is a 94 Mustang Cobra conv.with mods but I will be making the big move sometime in the next 3 weeks. looking at 2000-2002.
Some nice cars I've seen have had creases in the center console and/or popped up emergency brake boots.
Anything to worry about if everything else checks ok?
not really leaning to GTS or RT/10 I think both look great in they're own way.just looking for one that speaks to me.
Question,I can get a good deal on a GTS that looks to have had windshield replaced,there are minor scratches on drivers A pillar and what looks to be rubber gasket around windshield on drivers side not sitting correctly. instead of the rubber being straight it has 2 pronounced bends( shaped like a stretched out "s" in it but doesn't leak.
Also car is not daily driver but will get driven (no garage queen). want to take trip from fl. to Connecticut and back for vacation. bad idea?
Should I just take my company car or is the Viper a good choice for a memorable trip?

looking forward to being an owner not a wisher.
Thanks for your help.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also went from a 1995 Mustang GT vert to a Viper. No comparison as the Viper is lighter and unbelievibly quicker than the Mustang. Take baby steps in learning to feather the throttle especially around corners and through the first 3 gears. Get the VIN number of a Viper before you go look and ask on this site for a title search in case of any past accidents. The Viper with the replaced windshield may have hit a mailbox after going sideways leaving scratches on the A pillar and it also could have jumped a curb. A Viper is a great car for a road trip.

Check around as there are great deals on Gen 1,II, and even new Gen III Vipers now, It almost makes me wish I waited 2 more years for them actually but the 2 years were prceless.

Best of luck.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a move in the right direction. I'd take any year at a good price. I think the 2000's don't have abs??? Welcome to the club!

-lou