sparco race seats?????????

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody know if the shoulder supports on Sparco race seats hit the door when you try to close it? anybody have any problems or experiences with them? thanks....

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I and three other viper racers all have sparco seats in our race cars and they fit fine. We do not use the sliders and they do not bolt up to the factory locations.

We are using the pro 2000 and evo2's.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen with the stock interior door panels that they rub the door. Some just shave down the affending area and re sew the cloth to make it look ok.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he fails to mention however, is that none of those guys actually have interior door panels left on their cars... I think the Pro 2000 is the only seat that will fir without cutting the wings. Check out Sparco USA and there is a table of dimensions that may be helpful. It also takes a bit of work to mount them, as they do not match up to any of the stock locations, the Sparco slider bracket would have to be modified and the side to bottom mount bracket doesn't work either.

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sparco Revs at 57 cm wide at the shoulders are the narrowest but will only fit smaller framed drivers. The Pro 2000s are 59cm. Snake Oyl and Racecraft make brackets that are supposed to fit the stock mounting holes. I have been trying to find someone who has the STOCK DOOR PANELS with these seats and DID NOT HAVE TO CUT THE SHOULDER SUPPORTS of the REV or the PRO 2000. Is there anyone out there that can confirm this ?

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main place it appears that the seat could rub is on the uprights of the door where the wings on the seat stick out (reverse side of the release button). I didn't think there was any concern about the middrift section or seat portion of the seat.

Alan probably nails it when he says some seat trimming would be needed. Maybe more if a seat slider was used. We angled the seats to point slightly towards the pedals which swings the seat away from the door panel at the seat back portion. Trying to line them up straight with the rollcage wasn't an option.

If anyone is taking bets I'll put down $1 that it will fit with aftermarket sliders with less than 1/2 trimming of the seat as Alan mentions.