spark plug gapping tool - who sells?

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for a spark plug gapping tool. I want to purchase one that is in the form of a set of pliers. Basically you set the spark plug into the tool and dial in the proper gap and then squeeze the handles.

Can anyone recommend a supplier for this tool?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Jason

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one of those before. An expensive one from Summit. I made these discoveries:

-> Push to ******* the handles and it will damage the center electrode. Trashed plug instantly.

-> The gap "scale" on the thing is useless. Will need calibration against feeler gauge.

-> After a stack of plugs and 1 hour or so I threw it away. I continue to use my $5.00 wire gapper.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought one of those before. An expensive one from Summit. I made these discoveries:

-> Push to ******* the handles and it will damage the center electrode. Trashed plug instantly.

-> The gap "scale" on the thing is useless. Will need calibration against feeler gauge.

-> After a stack of plugs and 1 hour or so I threw it away. I continue to use my $5.00 wire gapper.

WOW! Expensive piece of @#$%!!

Looks like a very well thought out and engineered tool and would make things much easier but I guess not.

Thanks for the heads up Dave! :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autozone gave me a free plug gapper wheel thingy that I think costs 99 cents. It works.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I lied. I stuck it in a box which is quite strangely here in my office at work.

PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

You must be registered for see images

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave said it all

Just use a wire gauge gaper and you will be just fine

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang