Speaker problem with viper!

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 viper has been hissing in the speaker department. When i turn on the radio i hear a hissing sound. It basically sounds like fuzz.. Anybody having problems while cruzing and hearing this. We went out for a buzz yesterday and i thought it was the air conditioning but i was monkeying inside the car today and i noticed that the speakers were hissing when i had the radio on? Anyone out there with this problem? It sounds like a bad static frequency signal?
*NOT THE KIND OF FREQUENCY JODI FOSTER HEARD ON CONTACT!

-Write Back

Toddh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had some sort of problem with my stereo, but mine seems a little different. It's only when the CD player is in operation and only at volume over 25 or so (yes, I listen to the stereo too loud and one day my ears will be shot and I'll regret it). It seems to just cut out on me or crackle in and out. It's not skipping, at least as far as I can tell. More like there's a short or something.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had some sort of problem with my stereo, but mine seems a little different. It's only when the CD player is in operation and only at volume over 25 or so (yes, I listen to the stereo too loud and one day my ears will be shot and I'll regret it). It seems to just cut out on me or crackle in and out. It's not skipping, at least as far as I can tell. More like there's a short or something.
It's not the speakers. It's the death rattle of the tattered remnants of your battered eardrums.